Old 28-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Broadback

Default how to treat gladiola

I have just had to dig up my gladiola, even though they were still very
green. What should I do now? Dry them off like onions and then trim
off the growth? Also there are loads of tiny corms(?) can these be
grown on?
TIA
Old 28-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Robert

"Broadback" wrote in message
:I have just had to dig up my gladiola, even though they were still very
: green. What should I do now? Dry them off like onions and then trim
: off the growth? Also there are loads of tiny corms(?) can these be
: grown on?
: TIA

That's what I would do and the leaves will come off when they dry. The
cormlets can indeed be grown on to flowering size. You say you 'had' to dig
them up? I leave mine in all year and find that is the best way to look
after them. Maybe you are in a colder area than the south west

Old 28-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Richard Sterry

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have just had to dig up my gladiola, even though they were still very
green. What should I do now? Dry them off like onions and then trim off
the growth? Also there are loads of tiny corms(?) can these be grown on?

Had to dig them up? If you wanted to plant something else in the same spot,
then fair enoughski, but otherwise do you need to bother? My Glads stay
right where they are all year round and are doing fine - so much so, that
some time I will have to thin them out a bit. Location is a draughty
front-of-garden spot in sunny West Yorkshire. Some of mine were still rather
green this year, (chopped 'em down today), which is a bit unusual.

Rick

Old 30-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Broadback

Richard Sterry wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message

I have just had to dig up my gladiola, even though they were still very
green. What should I do now? Dry them off like onions and then trim off
the growth? Also there are loads of tiny corms(?) can these be grown on?

Snip
Had to dig them up?

Yes, I needed clear that bed, and have a spot in mind for next year.
Thanks for the help.

Before they fade one more shot- Gladiola on fire - DSC_0003a.jpg joevan[_2_] Garden Photos 4 26-08-2007 09:54 PM
gladiola storage? KD Gardening 3 18-04-2005 04:32 PM
FREE: Gladiola Bulbs Bluebee Sky North Carolina 0 06-06-2004 05:02 AM
gladiola? Gladiolus Cereoid+10+ Gardening 4 26-03-2003 03:56 PM
gladiola michele Gardening 0 25-03-2003 12:44 PM