Old 03-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Sacha

On 3/12/04 1:00 pm, in article
4, "Victoria Clare"
wrote:

Sacha wrote in
k:

Both a query and perhaps a warning - has anyone else found that
Amazon.co.uk is duplicating orders or am I just the lucky one?

No duplicate orders.

They did change one item on my big Christmas order from 24 hour delivery to
5-6 weeks without telling me though.

Good thing I checked: the whole order had changed to estimated delivery of
5th January!

Victoria

Hmm. I forgot something similar to that happened to me last year. I have
had to email them yet again because now the returns system won't work on the
web site.....
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 03-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Sacha

On 3/12/04 5:10 pm, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:56:27 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 3/12/04 3:50 pm, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:44:53 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

snip
I have
had to email them yet again because now the returns system won't work on
the
web site.....

You've done your best Sacha, distribute them amongst your urgling
friends.

You send me your cheque first...... ;-) They take the goods off your
credit card as they're dispatched!

In my case only for the first copy the dispatched. They have no right
to dispatch or charge for more than you ordered.

The might have no RIGHT to do it but nor do they have any 'right' to keep
sending me copies of books I've already got but donąt' want. As the whole
thing is obviously some kind of massive wreck of a mess, I doubt very much
that they've had the wit to say "oh look, we've sent Mrs Hubbard 3 copies of
those, 2 of that and promised a second of the other, so we won't take them
off her credit card." The system obviously thinks I've ordered all these
things! Now I have to sit down and figure out what I've paid for and check
whether it really has gone off my card or not and, much more importantly,
if it gets put back. One of the 'threatened' items which appeared on my
Amazon ordering site 2 or 3 times is an iPod. Those haven't turned up but I
have to be sure I haven't paid for them. This is not a cheap thing. 4 of us
are banding together to give it to one of the family. But I really don't
need any others taken off my card!

GBP5 postal order addressed to Bessie Bunter in the post. It'll
probably get lost in the Xmas mail.

Hmmm. You're getting too modern. It used to be ten shillings.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 03-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Nick Gray

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "Neil Tonks" contains these words:

Screwfix (owned by the same company as B&Q, incidentally) have been
having a
lot of problems.

They've gone haywire recently. John ordered a packet of 10 small
plastic wotsits from the Screwfix catalogue. A very large cardboard box
..about 4 cubic feet, too big for the postman...arrived by courier. It
contained one wotsit, about 10 cm long and 1cm wide, taped into a
corner, and someobody else's paperwork. Telephone enquiry, profuse
apology, will send ten wotsits asap. A matching cardboard box arrived
containing one wotsit. The following day, same again. Then the supply
dried. After several phone calls (and flat denials that wotsits had ever
featured in the catalogue, stock list..etc etc)..another huge box
arrived, by courier, bearing an unopened manufacturer's package of 10
wotsits.

I still don't know what they were.

Janet

Wotsits = small orange crisp like things made by Golden Wonder :-)

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 03-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Sarah Dale

Sacha wrote:
Both a query and perhaps a warning - has anyone else found that Amazon.co.uk
is duplicating orders or am I just the lucky one? I have, so far, received

Not duplication, but my BIL bought me some books for my birthday which
never turned up. On enquiry by my BIL, they immediatly resent the order
with no questions asked. So it sounds as though they have problems they
know about...

Sarah

Old 03-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Rodger Whitlock

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:14:42 -0000, "Neil Tonks"
wrote:

Screwfix (owned by the same company as B&Q, incidentally) have been having a
lot of problems. They moved their warehouse half way across the country
earlier this year, losing many of their experienced staff in the process.
Since then there has been chaos. They regularly stop taking orders (once
they shut the website down for several days, I believe) so they can catch up
with backlogs. Given that, it's perhaps not surprising that orders get lost.

It's what comes of trying to 'improve' a system which was working perfectly
well!

More likely, some beancounter figured they'd save a minuscule amount
on operating costs without properly computing the one-time costs of
the move -- the latter including cockups on orders and customer
goodwill lost in consequence. As for the experienced staff, they don't
count. Beancounters are taught that all employees are interchangeable
cogs who can be replaced by dragging in people from the nearest bus
stop.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada
Old 03-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Mike Lyle

Martin wrote:
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 21:50:07 GMT, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from "Nick Gray" contains these words:

I still don't know what they were.

Janet
Wotsits = small orange crisp like things made by Golden Wonder

:-)

OOOOOH no, they weren't like that..maybe they're thingummies.

Little white foam twisty things?

Bits of expensive air stuck together with wallpaper paste, and coated
with salt.

Mike.