Old 12-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Broadback

Default Salvenson's poor report cheered me up

No, not off topic, Salvenson the transport company had problems this
year, the main factor being an exceptionally poor vegetable harvest has
knocked their profits.
That cheered me up, I now have a good excuse for my lacklustre
vegetables this year. If you had a good crop give yourself a pat on the
back!
Old 12-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Bob Hobden

"Broadback" wrote
No, not off topic, Salvenson the transport company had problems this year,
the main factor being an exceptionally poor vegetable harvest has knocked
their profits.
That cheered me up, I now have a good excuse for my lacklustre vegetables
this year. If you had a good crop give yourself a pat on the back!

What was the problem? Can't say we have suffered this year, in fact we grew
our biggest pumpkin ever and without all the usual watering etc , I just
left it to it's own devices. No, I can honestly say the last growing season
was OK here.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 12-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Broadback

Bob Hobden wrote:

"Broadback" wrote

No, not off topic, Salvenson the transport company had problems this year,
the main factor being an exceptionally poor vegetable harvest has knocked
their profits.
That cheered me up, I now have a good excuse for my lacklustre vegetables
this year. If you had a good crop give yourself a pat on the back!

What was the problem? Can't say we have suffered this year, in fact we grew
our biggest pumpkin ever and without all the usual watering etc , I just
left it to it's own devices. No, I can honestly say the last growing season
was OK here.

I don't know what was the actual problem, however it seems that the crop
general was so poor that it affected Salvenson's profit as moving the
vegetables is their main sounce of business
Old 13-12-2004, 05:48 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Broadback
writes
I don't know what was the actual problem, however it seems that the crop
general was so poor that it affected Salvenson's profit as moving the
vegetables is their main sounce of business

That could have been more of a financial or structural problem than a
horticultural one. I believe Salvenson's handle a lot of imported
produce which would have had different growing conditions to UK.

We had an average year in 2004 with vegetables, salad stuff and
greenhouse crops, and an exceptionally good one with soft and top fruit.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

had poor garden Romy Beeck Gardening 4 22-10-2003 09:02 PM
Low perennials for 50sqft, full sun, poor drainage, deer-res.? Marc Stephenson Texas 11 09-06-2003 12:56 PM
NO TIME FOR poor quality tools Other Brother Kevin Gardening 38 06-05-2003 02:20 AM
Repairing poor soil drainage Torben Edliq Lawns 0 29-03-2003 05:08 PM
Repairing poor soil drainage Tom Kirkpatrick Lawns 0 27-03-2003 03:21 AM