Old 08-01-2005, 08:12 PM
David Cleland

Default Lawn Feeding

When is the best time to feed a lawn this year, also what should I use and
where is the best place to buy a spreader ?

David

Old 09-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Neil Tonks

I'd wait until the lawn is actively growing, which will be sometime from mid
March onwards depending where you are in the country and what the weather
conditions are - if we have a cold spring it will be later as grass won't
grow much if the temperature is below about 60F.

As for what to use, it depends on what you want to achieve. Lawn treatments
may contain a fertiliser along with selective weedkillers and/or moss
killer. You will almost certainly need the fertiliser but whether or not you
need the others depends on the state of your lawn. Also, most of the common
brands these days contain all three types of ingredient. If you don't need
all three, this is rather wasteful! You need to decide what you need and
then shop around for something which meets your requirements.

The spreader should be available from any garden centre and also from DIY
stores like B&Q or Focus.

--
Neil

Visit my Peak District walking website - www.peakwalking.co.uk

Old 09-01-2005, 01:11 PM
David Cleland

Thanks Neil

I tried doing it by hand last summer and burnt areas

David

"Neil Tonks" wrote in message
[...]

Lawn feeding in winter Drummerboy United Kingdom 3 09-12-2004 05:31 PM
Feeding up a lawn during a dry spell David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 1 18-04-2003 08:32 PM
Lawn feeding Adam Davis United Kingdom 1 18-04-2003 04:56 PM
When to start feeding? Bob Ponds 18 18-03-2003 05:20 PM
Feeding Frogs Rupert Ponds 1 30-01-2003 05:20 AM