Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Amber Ormerod

Default wormeries in Winter (plus keeping cool in Summer)

I moved my wormery this Winter to the greenhouse and the reduction of
problems from last year (1st year) attempt in the garage has inspired me to
get something even better setup for next year. The garage seemed to keep it
cooler in Summer and stop the extreme cold in Winter but it didn't get the
solar heat up in Winter and so the system just became too wet. In the
greenhouse (with bubble wrap) its actually doing ok and I think the Winter
suns really helping it to keep going. I obviously don't intend to leave it
in the greenhouse in the growing season!

But, I need to have two wormeries and I really want to have it in one place,
not all this moving about at different times of year. I am looking at either
making a jacket with bubble wrap or using floor insulation (polystyrene). I
would have thought the latter would be good as in the Summer it would also
keep it cooler?

Has anyone any interesting setups they have got? I am kinda figuring
wherever it goes I am then going to have to pretty it up (as the only places
close to the house are in view of it)

thanks
amber

--

email happy at dryad dot org

On Keeping seeds cool?? Bill who putters Gardening 2 23-08-2009 10:04 PM
Wormeries v Compost Rupert United Kingdom 5 11-10-2006 01:13 PM
wormeries june sweeney Permaculture 3 03-05-2006 03:57 PM
Wormeries ! adm United Kingdom 24 02-05-2006 01:42 PM
Liquid Feed And Wormeries Steve Burrows United Kingdom 8 06-04-2005 03:54 PM