Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Mike Lyle

anton wrote:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "anton" contains these words:

[...] Here is what Defra says, spelled out for
you from the source I quoted above.

*" Q3. Under the amended legislation, ****will*** householders

who
keep pets or other animals (which would *access composted

material
spread on their land) be allowed to use composted kitchen waste

on
their *gardens?

*Yes, subject to certain conditions (see below) and providing it

is
composted from the kitchen waste *of the household.

[my emphasis added above]

You missed the future tense in the 'will'. I suggest that you
re-read it taking careful note of how they use the future tense

tell us about what the legislation *will* be in future.

You're lost in the past, it was clearly dated 2001.

Don't be daft Janet-
"Page published 24 April 2003;
Page last modified 14 July, 2004 "
Of course it's possible that defra are sufficiently clownish to

refer
to 2001 as being in the future on a page dated 2004. However,

during
a similar discussion I read the actual legislation (2001) and that
indeed made it illegal to compost and spread on land /anything/

that
had been in a kitchen, without any derogation for individual
households.

[...]

Be that as it may, you yourself quoted the passage which stated quite
clearly that domestic household material was to be exempt. I don't
mind you disliking the EU, but it's a bit much when you try to mess
about with our minds like this. Though pro-EU, I could probably make
a much better case against it myself without actual
misrepresentation: you could find some better ammo.

Mike.

home made grow bags using tesco carrier bags. jww United Kingdom 5 13-06-2006 12:41 PM
Tea bags Andy Petro Edible Gardening 1 05-08-2005 06:40 PM
Tea bags and coffee grains. GaryM Gardening 7 25-10-2003 04:22 AM
Composting Tea Bags paul pettet United Kingdom 68 01-07-2003 09:33 PM
Composting Tea Bags paul pettet United Kingdom 2 25-06-2003 03:20 PM