Old 06-02-2005, 06:26 PM
McCready

Default Box hedging advice.

How long can it take to grow box hedging to about 3 feet in height?

I know, how long is a piece of string?

The plants are about 12" now and were planted last year.

If I mulch and feed them how long would it, approximately take?

Old 07-02-2005, 06:19 AM
Alan Gould

In article , McCready
writes
How long can it take to grow box hedging to about 3 feet in height?

I know, how long is a piece of string?

The plants are about 12" now and were planted last year.

If I mulch and feed them how long would it, approximately take?

Your box hedge will need another two or three growing seasons to become
3ft high, but you should begin see some good progress now that the
plants are established. Box is a slow developing plant and you should
apply feed only if you are sure that the soil they are growing in has a
deficiency of some kind. A fairly neutral mulch would help to stabilise
the plants and a gentle clipping would encourage thickening of foliage.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:08 AM
McCready

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , McCready
writes
How long can it take to grow box hedging to about 3 feet in height?

I know, how long is a piece of string?

The plants are about 12" now and were planted last year.

If I mulch and feed them how long would it, approximately take?

Your box hedge will need another two or three growing seasons to become
3ft high, but you should begin see some good progress now that the
plants are established. Box is a slow developing plant and you should
apply feed only if you are sure that the soil they are growing in has a
deficiency of some kind. A fairly neutral mulch would help to stabilise
the plants and a gentle clipping would encourage thickening of foliage.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Thanks Alan.
I'll stick with it.

Old 07-02-2005, 08:45 AM
pk

McCready wrote:
How long can it take to grow box hedging to about 3 feet in height?

I know, how long is a piece of string?

The plants are about 12" now and were planted last year.

If I mulch and feed them how long would it, approximately take?

Keep them well watered too. Lack of water is often a reason for slow hedge
growth.

pk