Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Glen Able

Default Fence post holes

I guess it's a good time to put up fences now before everything starts
shooting up and getting in the way (actually, might wait a month or so until
Buddleias etc. get razed to the ground).

Anyway, I anticipate living a long and rich life full of DIY fencing
adventures, so I'm interested in getting tools to help with digging post
holes.

The 6" diameter hand augers (£70) look useful. I guess the resulting hole
would be good for 3" posts, but would it let you get in enough concrete
round a 4" post?

Alternatively there's those long handled digger/scooper things (£20) but I
find it hard to visualize these being particularly helpful.

Anyone have experiences to share?

cheers,
G.A.