Old 10-02-2005, 11:07 AM
SteveC

Default evergreen shrubs

We have an open plan front garden that we are not allowed to fence or hedge
of but i would like to add some kind of boundary to it using some evergreen
shrubs.

Can anyone throw some ideas my way?

Steve C

Old 10-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Sacha

On 10/2/05 11:07, in article , "SteveC"
wrote:

We have an open plan front garden that we are not allowed to fence or hedge
of but i would like to add some kind of boundary to it using some evergreen
shrubs.

Can anyone throw some ideas my way?

If you live in a suitable climate, I'd suggest Grevillea rosmarifolia. It's
evergreen, flowers about 9 months of the year here and is nice and
prickly.... ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 11-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Lynda Thornton

In article , SteveC
writes
We have an open plan front garden that we are not allowed to fence or hedge
of but i would like to add some kind of boundary to it using some evergreen
shrubs.

Can anyone throw some ideas my way?

Steve C

There is a huge variety of hebe, from dwarf to 4ft, many of which have
lovely flowers and attract the bees and are evergreen too, maybe worth
investigating? I have just planted a low growing hebe hedge either side
of my garden path

Lynda
Old 12-02-2005, 11:15 AM
SteveC

"Lynda Thornton" wrote in message
In article , SteveC
writes
We have an open plan front garden that we are not allowed to fence or

hedge
of but i would like to add some kind of boundary to it using some

evergreen
shrubs.

Can anyone throw some ideas my way?

Steve C

There is a huge variety of hebe, from dwarf to 4ft, many of which have
lovely flowers and attract the bees and are evergreen too, maybe worth
investigating? I have just planted a low growing hebe hedge either side
of my garden path

Lynda

There is a huge variety of hebe, from dwarf to 4ft....snip

Don't no why I hadn't even thought of using hebe, thanks for that.

Steve C