Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Kay

Default snowdrops

At the nature park that I help look after, we have a large number of
snowdrops growing on relatively steep banks.

A lot of them seem to have worked their way out of the ground and rolled
down several feet, and are lying on top of the ground with a couple of
inches of leaf coming out of the bulb.

It's happening so often, that I'm beginning to wonder whether it's
entirely unintentional, or is in fact a mechanism for spreading -
snowdrop rolls loose, then start to put down roots where it lands.
Anyone any ideas? Is it worth going round collecting up the scattered
bulbs and replanting them, or would they sort themselves out anyway if I
left them alone?

--
Kay - who spent the morning covering up about 500 snowdrop bulbsand would be
quite happy not to see another sbowdrop bulb for quite a long time.

when's the latest for (re-)planting 'snowdrops in the green'? dave @ stejonda United Kingdom 4 01-04-2003 05:56 PM
Snowdrops on display Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 18-02-2003 03:43 PM
Snowdrops Pam Moore United Kingdom 0 07-02-2003 10:06 AM
Snowdrops Cavalier United Kingdom 21 05-02-2003 12:57 PM
Snowdrops in Lawns - especially mine! Tumbleweed United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 06:51 AM