Old 21-12-2002, 12:20 PM

Default BBC Gardener of the Year

Did you watch it last night? What did you think?

Old 21-12-2002, 03:28 PM
Eur Ing John Rye

Hello All

In article ,
K wrote:
Did you watch it last night? What did you think?

I personally enjoyed the gardens, but thought the "tests" a bit weird.

What made it even better was that another RYE won. Actually as some one
interested in Family History as well as gardening I would like to know which
RYE tribe he comes from, so if anyone knows him, perhaps they could put us in
touch.

John

--
EurIng J Rye CEng FIEE Electrical Engineering Consultant
18 Wentworth Close Hadleigh IPSWICH IP7 5SA England
Old 21-12-2002, 04:17 PM

"Eur Ing John Rye" wrote in message
: Hello All
:
: In article ,
: K wrote:
: Did you watch it last night? What did you think?
:
: I personally enjoyed the gardens, but thought the "tests" a bit weird.
:
: What made it even better was that another RYE won. Actually as some one
: interested in Family History as well as gardening I would like to know
which
: RYE tribe he comes from, so if anyone knows him, perhaps they could put us
in
: touch.
:
: John
:
: --
: EurIng J Rye CEng FIEE Electrical Engineering Consultant
: 18 Wentworth Close Hadleigh IPSWICH IP7 5SA England
: Tel No 01473 827126 http://web.ukonline.co.uk/jrye/index.html
: --- On Line using an Acorn StrongArm RiscPC ---

Yes I also liked all the gardens for different reasons. I also thought the
tests were strange. I seem to think in previous years they told us who got
what marks for them, or am I thinking of something else?

I thought it was great that DG was so certain which one was going to win.
He got that wrong didn't he!!

Old 22-12-2002, 12:13 AM
Michael Berridge

K wrote in message ...

Yes I also liked all the gardens for different reasons. I also thought

the
tests were strange. I seem to think in previous years they told us who

got
what marks for them, or am I thinking of something else?

I thought it was great that DG was so certain which one was going to

win.
He got that wrong didn't he!!

thought that the gardens were , in the main, good, but that the cobra
was too dominant for its space. The tests were interesting, and were
there to asses their general garden knowledge, so there was a good range
of tests, from old tools, to companion planting, to season
identification.

Would not have liked to be one of the judges.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 23-12-2002, 04:27 PM
JennyC

"K" wrote in message
Did you watch it last night? What did you think?

I only got around to watching it last night..... I was disappointed
with the whole thing :~(

Most of the gardens were not very inspiring.
OK the Cobra was fun and the one with the huge tall pots was at least
modern, but there were not really any that were outstanding.
I personally found the winning garden boring and fairly ordinary.
Maybe he only won because he got all the quiz questions right ?

I am usually a Gavin fan, but thought the presentation was diabolical.
The Quiz - it was a pity he gave the answers straight away - some of
us would like to test out own knowledge.
- there did not give the scores of the contestants, so
you had no idea who might be in the lead
- the questions were weird !!

The films of the contestants gardens were very bad quality - you could
not get much idea of their gardens at all.

The 'video diary' was farcical. I can watch rubbish like that on Big
brother if I feel so inclined !!

I must say the G of the Y has been far better presented in the past by
AT :~))

Jenny

BBC sports P of year Me United Kingdom 0 24-12-2007 07:20 AM
BBC Gardener's World Live Glenda United Kingdom 1 09-06-2005 05:18 PM
Japanese Maples as shown on BBC's 'How to be a Gardener' P United Kingdom 2 08-02-2004 01:06 PM
Japanese Maples as shown on BBC's 'How to be a Gardener' P United Kingdom 2 08-02-2004 12:40 PM
Japanese Maples as shown on BBC's 'How to be a Gardener' P United Kingdom 0 08-02-2004 12:26 PM