Old 25-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Dave P

Default Could someone identify this plant?

With such good weather here I took a great trek along the coast and came to
a bay. The bay had a burn running into it which must have spated recently as
hanging out of the soil bank was this plant....

www.ballibeg.talktalk.net/unknownplant.jpg

With such little foliage I couldn't place it and my guides don't cover
roots.

Any help please?

Dave
Argyll

Old 25-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Dave P

"Cereus-validus....." wrote in message
om...
Where on the planet was this plant?

I suspect the plant may be some sort of Orchid, maybe.

BTW, fire your guides.

Falling into a stream that had flooded about 25metres from the sea in
Argyll, West Coast of Scotland.

Dave

Old 26-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Brian

Hemlock Water - dropwort. Oenanthe crocata. All parts exceptionally
poisonous~ nearly as much as ordinary Hemlock.
Brian.

Old 26-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Cereus-
validus..... writes
Where have you been Alan?

I have been loitering within tent - her tent.

Everybody else is well aware what an evil hateful bitch troll Mizz Broccoli
is.

Agreed. Ms JB once wished to act as my deputy, but it all went wrong at
Kew Bridge - I threw myself off rather than succumb to her charms.
--
Alan Gould
Old 26-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Alan Gould wrote:
In article , Cereus-
validus..... writes
Where have you been Alan?

I have been loitering within tent - her tent.

Everybody else is well aware what an evil hateful bitch troll Mizz Broccoli
is.

Agreed. Ms JB once wished to act as my deputy, but it all went wrong at
Kew Bridge - I threw myself off rather than succumb to her charms.

Since you are still posting, I must ask. Did the fish expell you as
an undesirable alien?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 26-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Dave P

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message
Hemlock Water - dropwort. Oenanthe crocata. All parts exceptionally
poisonous~ nearly as much as ordinary Hemlock.
Brian.

thanks.

Old 26-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

Since you are still posting, I must ask. Did the fish expell you as
an undesirable alien?

No, Homo sapiens is naturally swimming species.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 26-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Alan Gould wrote:
In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

Since you are still posting, I must ask. Did the fish expell you as
an undesirable alien?

No, Homo sapiens is naturally swimming species.

Er, no. That is claimed by Marc Verhaegen and others, but we don't
swim any more naturally than most other mammals.

Not cross-pointed to sci.anthropology.paleo on the grounds of kindness
to the rest of uk.rec.gardening.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 26-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

No, Homo sapiens is naturally swimming species.

Er, no. That is claimed by Marc Verhaegen and others, but we don't
swim any more naturally than most other mammals.

Thus as I stated, humans are a naturally swimming species.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.