Old 29-12-2002, 03:39 PM
ned

Default Orchid id please

I've put two pics of a flowering orchid up at
http://website.lineone.net/~alan.dale/

Apologies for the large graphic sizes, but could anyone offer any
suggestions for an id please.

--
ned

Old 29-12-2002, 04:57 PM
TheGardener

"ned" wrote in message
I've put two pics of a flowering orchid up at
http://website.lineone.net/~alan.dale/

Apologies for the large graphic sizes, but could anyone offer any
suggestions for an id please.

--
ned

Hello Ned

I looked at you page, but there are several runtime errors in your
JavaScript, so the page doesn't display properly. Sorry!

--
Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk

Old 29-12-2002, 05:23 PM
Norman Tulloch

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 16:57:20 +0000 (UTC), "TheGardener"
wrote:

"ned" wrote in message
I've put two pics of a flowering orchid up at
http://website.lineone.net/~alan.dale/

Apologies for the large graphic sizes, but could anyone offer any
suggestions for an id please.

--
ned

Hello Ned

I looked at you page, but there are several runtime errors in your
JavaScript, so the page doesn't display properly. Sorry!

I've no idea what the orchid is, I'm afraid, but Ned's page loaded
without any problems for me.

Norman Tulloch
Old 29-12-2002, 06:03 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"ned" wrote in message
I've put two pics of a flowering orchid up at
http://website.lineone.net/~alan.dale/

Ned, great pictures, and what a "buzz" you must have had getting it to
flower again so well. :-)
Unfortunately there are a great many pink Cymbids and they are all quite
similar, indeed, one of ours looks like yours but the name of ours was lost
many years ago. Something like "Pearl" I think.
Try getting in touch with, or sending a photo to McBeans Orchids, they are
in Cooksbridge near Lewes, Sussex. They know their Cymbids.

p.s. Warning! don't go there with your wallet. :-)
Regards
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Old 29-12-2002, 07:17 PM
ned

TheGardener wrote:

snip

Hello Ned

I looked at you page, but there are several runtime errors in your
JavaScript, so the page doesn't display properly. Sorry!

lol Being my first attempt at a webpage, that doesn't surprise me one
little bit!
But out of the dozen responses I've had so far (another ng included)
you are the first to suggest that something is not right. I wonder if
it is a viewer incompatibility issue? It was composed on MS PictureIt
and it seems alright viewed on MS IE6.
Would you be using Netscape perhaps?

--
ned

Old 29-12-2002, 07:19 PM
david

I had no trouble viewing the page

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 29-12-2002, 07:24 PM
ned

Sue & Bob Hobden wrote:
"ned" wrote in message
I've put two pics of a flowering orchid up at
http://website.lineone.net/~alan.dale/

Ned, great pictures, and what a "buzz" you must have had getting it
to flower again so well. :-)

..... Not so much "again" as first time ever! Which makes it all the
more amazing.

snip
Try getting in touch with, or sending a photo to McBeans Orchids,
they are in Cooksbridge near Lewes, Sussex. They know their Cymbids.

......... Thanks. Yes I'll give them a try.

p.s. Warning! don't go there with your wallet. :-)

........... That sounds like experience talking. ;-)

--
ned

Old 29-12-2002, 11:05 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

"ned" wrote in message ...

.... Not so much "again" as first time ever! Which makes it all the
more amazing.

Oh, one happy and proud gardener. :-)
Should do it every year now you have the secret. ( left outside for cold
nights and good summer feed? )

p.s. Warning! don't go there with your wallet. :-)

.......... That sounds like experience talking. ;-)

Yes, and on many occasions. :-(

Towards London a couple of miles N. of Wakehurst Place and there is another
Orchid Nursery too, Laurence Hobbs Orchids Ltd at Crawley Down, used to be 3
close together before Stonehurst closed last year.

Old 30-12-2002, 12:10 AM
ned

TheGardener wrote:

snip
I looked at you page, but there are several runtime errors in your
JavaScript, so the page doesn't display properly. Sorry!

Hi,
I've had one other observation that the page did not reproduce when
viewed with Opera, so maybe there is a viewer compatibility issue.
Thanks for the feedback.

--
ned

Old 30-12-2002, 12:39 AM
TheGardener

"ned" wrote in message
TheGardener wrote:

snip

Hello Ned

I looked at your page, but there are several runtime errors in your
JavaScript, so the page doesn't display properly. Sorry!

lol Being my first attempt at a webpage, that doesn't surprise me one
little bit!
But out of the dozen responses I've had so far (another ng included)
you are the first to suggest that something is not right. I wonder if
it is a viewer incompatibility issue? It was composed on MS PictureIt
and it seems alright viewed on MS IE6.
Would you be using Netscape perhaps?

--
ned

I've tried it again Ned, but still get runtime errors. I'm using IE6 with
Windows XP. Oh well - never mind eh? It did download one picture and half
a page before the runtime errors occurred, but I'm afraid I can't identify
the orchid in question with any certainty - there are so many pink
Cymbidiums! Well done for getting so many lovely flowers - mine only seem
to manage one measly spike a year. I'll have to give them a good talking
to.