Old 30-12-2002, 11:28 AM
Alan

Default Acer.

Hi All

I've got in my garden a lovely Acer about 4ft tall that I planted when i
first moved into my present home, I'm now about to move and would like to
take it with me,
How and when is the best time to do this and what precautions should i take
to enable it to keep flourishing?

Thanks

Alan

Old 31-12-2002, 07:30 PM
Warwick Michael Dumas

"Alan" wrote in message ...
Hi All

I've got in my garden a lovely Acer about 4ft tall that I planted when i
first moved into my present home, I'm now about to move and would like to
take it with me,
How and when is the best time to do this and what precautions should i take
to enable it to keep flourishing?

That's easy: right now - but not if it's "flourishing" though, in that
case, it's tough really. I've got about a hundred Acers (well two) and
neither of them is visibly flourishing so I don't know what's with
yours.

Warwick Dumas

www.members.tripod.com/ecuqe

"If Adolf Hitler were here today, they'd send a limousine anyway." -
Joe Strummer
Old 31-12-2002, 07:41 PM
hugh

In article , Alan
writes
Hi All

I've got in my garden a lovely Acer about 4ft tall that I planted when i
first moved into my present home, I'm now about to move and would like to
take it with me,
How and when is the best time to do this and what precautions should i take
to enable it to keep flourishing?

Thanks

About now is probably the best time to dig it up. Get as much root ball
as u can. Dig at a radius of about 2ft to 2/1ft. Rap it in a hessian
sack store it out of frost and wind. Cover the root ball with dark
plastic to keep out he light. Don't let it dry out but equally don't let
it get frosted or water logged.

B4 replanting soak the root ball thoroughly. Don't plant in waterlogged
or frozen soil Dig a *large* hole. Put organic fertiliser in the bottom.
Carefully fan out the roots. Water regularly (in the growing season)

If u are into alternative medicines give it Bach Flower Remedies, Rescue
Remedy and walnut.

One other point, if your are selling you're existing house make sure you
inform the purchasers that you intend to take it with you.

Good Luck
--
hugh