Old 04-03-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Another plant to name./Mothers day

My son has given me a plant for Mother's Day. It is exotic and has no
label. The foliage is thick and tough and looks semi succulent, almost
cactus like. In the centre there is a fan shaped piece which is
obviously going to be a magnificent flower. The roots are packed into
a tiny pot and look dry. I will repot it when I return from hols. Hope
it does not die of neglect. Hope you can help Diana
Old 05-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Spider

wrote in message
My son has given me a plant for Mother's Day. It is exotic and has no
label. The foliage is thick and tough and looks semi succulent, almost
cactus like. In the centre there is a fan shaped piece which is
obviously going to be a magnificent flower. The roots are packed into
a tiny pot and look dry. I will repot it when I return from hols. Hope
it does not die of neglect. Hope you can help Diana

Hi Diana,

Sounds like a Bromeliad. Try a google on Tillandsia lindenii or Vriesea
(speciosa) splendens.

Spider

Old 05-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Sacha

On 5/3/05 10:54, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

wrote in message
My son has given me a plant for Mother's Day. It is exotic and has no
label. The foliage is thick and tough and looks semi succulent, almost
cactus like. In the centre there is a fan shaped piece which is
obviously going to be a magnificent flower. The roots are packed into
a tiny pot and look dry. I will repot it when I return from hols. Hope
it does not die of neglect. Hope you can help Diana

Hi Diana,

Sounds like a Bromeliad. Try a google on Tillandsia lindenii or Vriesea
(speciosa) splendens.

Spider

Heliconia?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 05-03-2005, 06:24 PM

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:54:47 -0000, "Spider" wrote:

wrote in message
My son has given me a plant for Mother's Day. It is exotic and has no
label. The foliage is thick and tough and looks semi succulent, almost
cactus like. In the centre there is a fan shaped piece which is
obviously going to be a magnificent flower. The roots are packed into
a tiny pot and look dry. I will repot it when I return from hols. Hope
it does not die of neglect. Hope you can help Diana

Hi Diana,

Sounds like a Bromeliad. Try a google on Tillandsia lindenii or Vriesea
(speciosa) splendens.

Spider

Had a look at a few pictures and it definitely looks like Tillandsia
Anceps - at least as it is now, with the unopened flower dead centre.
Thank you both very much.

Where to buy yellow rose bush in Plano, TX for Mothers Day???? Billy Roses 1 06-05-2004 11:35 PM
San Diego Tropical Fish Society meets Mothers Day May 11 SanDiegoFishes Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 17-07-2003 08:45 PM
Happy Mothers Day John Rutz Ponds 19 13-05-2003 02:32 AM
San Diego Tropical Fish Society meets Mothers Day May 11 SanDiegoFishes Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 09-05-2003 05:44 PM
San Diego Tropical Fish Society meets Mothers Day May 11 SanDiegoFishes Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 09-05-2003 05:44 PM