Old 03-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Sean Offord

Default Where is Alan Titchmarsh moving to?

Does anyone know? Not the address obviously but what county? We've
recently moved from Hampshre (near his place) to N Yorkshire, and wonder
if he's moving back up to his home ground...

Old 03-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Steve

According to the bbc website he's selling up and moving to a Georgian house
3 miles away from where he is now.
This tells you :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/tv_ra...marsh/index.sh
tml

Old 04-01-2003, 10:27 AM
HaaRoy

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:10:58 +0100, Sean Offord
wrote:

Does anyone know? Not the address obviously but what county? We've
recently moved from Hampshre (near his place) to N Yorkshire, and wonder
if he's moving back up to his home ground...

getting out before he winds up dead ?
they (TV gardeners) all seem to die early due to excessive hard work .
how many are gone now?

Old 04-01-2003, 01:53 PM
Rufus

"HaaRoy" wrote in a message:

getting out before he winds up dead ?
they (TV gardeners) all seem to die early due to excessive hard work .
how many are gone now?

I switched on just before the programme finished, and after viewing a few
BBC gardening websites, I still don't know why Mr. T has to sell up? Could
it be that the BBC are hoping to recoup most of the money they have spent on
plants and other items at Barleywood?

Rufus

Old 04-01-2003, 04:03 PM
JennyC

"Rufus" wrote in message

"HaaRoy" wrote in a message:

getting out before he winds up dead ?
they (TV gardeners) all seem to die early due to excessive hard

work .
how many are gone now?

I switched on just before the programme finished, and after viewing

a few
BBC gardening websites, I still don't know why Mr. T has to sell up?

Could
it be that the BBC are hoping to recoup most of the money they have

spent on
plants and other items at Barleywood?

Rufus

I think the property was Alan's and did not belong to the BBC !!
He lived there already when the series started IIRC

I read somewhere that he wants to create one more garden - to his own
liking.
And the new one will be on the level and not on a 1 in 4 hillside -
possibly a consideration as he gets older :~))

I have not been a great fan of his, but the program last night was
interesting and the behind the scenes shots were fascinating :~)
Jenny

Old 04-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Saffy

, I still don't know why Mr. T has to sell up? Could
it be that the BBC are hoping to recoup most of the money they have spent

on
plants and other items at Barleywood?

Rufus

IIRC then he is choosing to sell up and is not being made to and he wants to
do a "private" garden.

Saffy.

Old 04-01-2003, 06:54 PM
JennyC

"Jim W" wrote

Wonder what the new owner will do with the house & Garden? Rip it

all
out?
Jim

Get Dairmund round ?????

Jenny '~)

Old 05-01-2003, 05:11 PM
HaaRoy

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 13:53:08 -0000, "Rufus" wrote:

"HaaRoy" wrote in a message:

getting out before he winds up dead ?
they (TV gardeners) all seem to die early due to excessive hard work .
how many are gone now?

I switched on just before the programme finished, and after viewing a few
BBC gardening websites, I still don't know why Mr. T has to sell up? Could
it be that the BBC are hoping to recoup most of the money they have spent on
plants and other items at Barleywood?

Rufus

hes getting into seeds i see,& his book cover makes him look like a
raving queen ,very twee....