Old 14-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Jim Lesurf

Default Is trellis 'seasonal'?

A few weeks ago I bought a section of expanding trellis in our town's
garden center. This is Nortene Hardwood trellis, 6ft x 4ft (1.8 x 1.2 m).

Having put this up and established it is suitable for my purpose I went
back to the garden center again to day to buy 2 more pieces.

Nope. None in stock. (Although thay have a variety of shaped pieces that
don't expand.)

I asked, and was told that trellis was 'seasonal' so they didn't have it at
present. Given that I'm currently looking through recent catalogues to
decide what climbers to buy (for delivery in the future) I find this an odd
reason. Is it *really* the case that expanding trellis is a seasonal
purchase and I am now too late for this year?

Assuming that other garden centers *do* have it, can anyone recommend a
favourite supplier who has a web presence so I can check their prices etc
via the web, but then buy by 'cheque in the post' methods for trellis to be
delivered to me?

They then said they'd order some for me - but only if I was willing to buy
*six* of them for 120 UKP. I only require two, so declined this generous
offer...

We have some larger garden centers about 10 miles away. However we don't
have a car and the local bus transport is less than idea for such purposes.
So if our town garden center won't help it looks like mail order. :-/

As I'm asking, I am temped to tack on similar questions re things like
stepping stones, compost bins, etc. My looking around the town garden
center has been similarly 'unsuccessful' on these as well.

Slainte,

Jim

Audio Misc http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/AudioMisc/index.html
Armstrong Audio http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/Audio/armstrong.html
Barbirolli Soc. http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/JBSoc/JBSoc.html
Old 14-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Mike

Most odd. I get dragged into Garden Centres and Nurseries all over the
country and I always seem to see such items. 'That' is about the only bit of
gardening I am interested in so take note of what is where!!

I am on the Isle of Wight and we certainly have all those things available
at any time, and as you can see from my sig., I traverse the country and can
tell you that from Babbacombe in Devon to Scarborough 'way up North', they
are always available.

Mike
"Trellis seasonal?" No more than Hot Cross Buns!! Yes they are available in
our Supermarket 52 weeks a year.

Hot Cross buns off topic!!! Net nannies where are you :-((((((((((((((

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
"Jim Lesurf" wrote in message
[...]

Electronics

http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scot...o/electron.htm

Old 15-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Mike wrote:

"Trellis seasonal?" No more than Hot Cross Buns!! Yes they are
available in our Supermarket 52 weeks a year.

LOL!! I walked into our local supermarket the other day (not going to
mention the name but it's advertised by a certain cockney chef) and guess
what I saw in the fresh bake section? Mince pies. Note that this was the
*fresh* baked goods section, not the bakery aisle, so they weren't boxes of
Mr Kipling's left over from Christmas (which would have been well past their
sell-by by now).

I can't see they're going to sell - or maybe they've had requests for mince
pies at Easter...

Old 15-03-2005, 01:00 AM
Gary Woods

"Mike" wrote:

Hot Cross buns off topic!!!

Oh, I thought you said "hot cross bunnies," which would surely be on topic
here! As well as a bad punchline.

Old 15-03-2005, 01:41 PM
w.g.s.hamm

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

"Trellis seasonal?" No more than Hot Cross Buns!! Yes they are
available in our Supermarket 52 weeks a year.

LOL!! I walked into our local supermarket the other day (not going to
mention the name but it's advertised by a certain cockney chef)

cockney?? Do you mean the 'Essex boy' Jamie Olive?

Edible Seasonal Passive Sunshade jetgraphics Gardening 42 13-04-2005 08:13 PM
Edible Seasonal Passive Sunshade jetgraphics Edible Gardening 43 13-04-2005 08:13 PM
Seasonal Veg Fitz United Kingdom 11 12-01-2005 07:38 PM
kH seasonal cycles? Kris Waygood Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 19-06-2004 02:07 AM
seasonal borders/10ft thistle! Niall Smyth United Kingdom 3 20-09-2003 09:03 PM