Old 22-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Registered User

Question How & When to Overseed Lawn?

Hello!

I’m new here! I have a tired front & back lawn and I would
like to Overseed(I think that’s the word) as it has sparse
patches and moss and some weeds that sprout out like in a
star pattern?!

Umm I'm a novice and would love to hear your thoughts
on overseeding with say "canada Green" which according to
the hype crowds out the weeds and estabs. itself fast with
a good dark green lawn?

Also is it okay to do the Overseeding Now? or should it
be done in autumn?

I have never aerated the Lawn before and have seen two
tools that could do the job- the Lawn Aerator Sandals or
the roller with spring loaded spikes. Which one is better and
easier to use?

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs...s=lawn+aerator

Can you please tell me if this plan of action is right?

To cut the lawn to the shortest height.
Attempt to remove weeds/moss.
Aerate the lawn.
Add sand/soil to top of lawn?(is reg soil/sand ok?)
Fertilise Lawn.(what would you recommend?)
Wait 4-5 days then Overseed.
Water if no rain in 2 days?
Keep lawn watered and no walking on it.

Oh yes and the Soil has allot of clay under about 1-1.5ft depth.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks for your time
Kev
Old 23-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Magwitch

Clouddz muttered:

http://tinyurl.com/4gy3f

--
Clouddz

Now's the perfect time to seed. The plan of action sounds ok as well. We
sowed both our lawns from scratch on the 29th March 2 years ago and they
were looking great after about 4 months.

best time to overseed in Atlanta? W.D. Lawns 5 18-03-2005 05:26 PM
Too late to aerate and overseed? Ken Gardening 2 04-10-2004 06:20 PM
when to overseed? J99 United Kingdom 1 11-06-2004 10:11 PM
Thoughts on Chemlawn for aerate/overseed? blahb Lawns 2 28-09-2003 01:47 AM
Lawn overseed process... JayPomp Gardening 4 12-05-2003 09:32 PM