Old 22-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Sacha

Default Mallorcan peach? Re-post

No takers earlier so I thought I'd try one more time......
While we were on holiday we met some people living in Kent who said they'd
been given something they know as a Mallorcan peach. It IS a peach of some
sort but crops prolifically, and last year gave them two crops. They ended
up pulping or cooking and freezing some, I believe. Does anyone know what
sort of peach tree this can be?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 22-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Brian

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
No takers earlier so I thought I'd try one more time......
While we were on holiday we met some people living in Kent who said they'd
been given something they know as a Mallorcan peach. It IS a peach of

some
sort but crops prolifically, and last year gave them two crops. They

ended
up pulping or cooking and freezing some, I believe. Does anyone know what
sort of peach tree this can be?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)
____________________-

I also hoped for someone to respond. It does, however, sound too good
to be true and also most unlikely botanically.
Have you retained their address as such a plant would be well
worthwhile a visit?
Peaches can be very variable but two distinct crops does sound
improbable.
Interestingly, as you probably know, the peach is perhaps the only
common fruit that can grown from its stone with some chance of success. I
have seen several and all were edible with one being quite outstanding. This
was some years ago and a brilliant summer. Have not seen it since.
Best Wishes Brian

Old 22-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Sacha

On 22/3/05 19:06, in article ,
"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
[...]

I'm afraid I have no address!
Peaches can be very variable but two distinct crops does sound
improbable.

That's one of the things that intrigues me. I just can't imagine what gives
such a crop but these two were sufficiently interested in gardening to be
intrigued themselves.snip
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Mallorcan peach?? Sacha United Kingdom 0 07-03-2005 07:00 PM
Post Your Three Favorite Movies - I Post Facts About You The Magnficent Bastard Gardening 275 10-03-2004 01:47 AM
Are apple and peach genetically related (and how)? Claudio Jolowicz Plant Science 23 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
Double Rose of Sharon (peach or apricot) Purchgdss Gardening 2 31-03-2003 12:08 AM
genetical relationship of apple and peach Claudio Jolowicz Plant Biology 4 26-02-2003 11:09 PM