Old 31-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Colin Jacobs

Default Alan Broom

Alan Broom Has died of Bressingham Gardens & nursery aged 98.
CJ

Old 31-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Brian Watson

"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message
Alan Bloom Has died of Bressingham Gardens & nursery aged 98.

Fine man.

As enthusiastic for old steam engines as he was on gardens and gardening.

A day visit to his place in Norfolk was a day well spent.

--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."

Old 31-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Jacobs
Alan Broom Has died of Bressingham Gardens & nursery aged 98.
CJ
Do you mean Alan Bloom?? How very sad for us all to lose such a genius.

Newt
__________________
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:13 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Colin Jacobs" contains these words:

Alan Broom Has died of Bressingham Gardens & nursery aged 98.

Better known as Alan Bloom.

Janet.

With a name like that, he rather had his life predetermined... ;o) My
grandfather knew him quite well...

Old 01-04-2005, 02:31 AM
Cereus-validus.....

That's Alan Bloom, you dimwit.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:02 AM
p00kie

"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message
Alan Broom Has died of Bressingham Gardens & nursery aged 98.
CJ

One who's influence will be missed

Old 01-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Rod

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:51:12 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

Then you should know his life was in no way predetermined. The
nursery was just one of the varied careers he packed into a long and
very active, enterprising life. Before that, he farmed in Canada. He
was also an engineer and historian, famous for his conservation work on
steam engines.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Dave Poole

Rod Craddock wrote:

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

very true. Another great gardener bites the dust. His enthusiasm for
perennials helped so many, create so much in what might have been
barren landscapes.
Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
Growing season: March - November
Old 03-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Brian Watson

news
wrote:

Then you should know his life was in no way predetermined. The
nursery was just one of the varied careers he packed into a long and
very active, enterprising life. Before that, he farmed in Canada. He
was also an engineer and historian, famous for his conservation work on
steam engines.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Can't get the parts...

Old 11-04-2005, 09:49 PM
CK

My husband and I visited the garden in August last year. We saw him sitting
on a bench and had a brief chat. I told him we liked his garden and we had
tried all the stream engines for tourists. It was a lovely day and he was
such a very nice man.