Old 03-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Colin Jacobs

Default Cyclaman help

I have three Cyclamen in 3" pots that have always been in flower & are
healthy. I am not very good with house plants. Can they be propagated?
Should they be re potted? Anything else I should be doing to make them last
another two years or so?
CJ

Old 04-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Magwitch

w.g.s.hamm muttered:

"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message
I have three Cyclamen in 3" pots that have always been in flower & are
healthy. I am not very good with house plants. Can they be propagated?
Should they be re potted? Anything else I should be doing to make them

last
another two years or so?
CJ

I love cyclamen but cannot have house plants because of the cats knocking
them over so I planted mine outside. I have little minature ones in planters
which are out in full bloom right now and make a lovely change from ruddy
daffodils which I dislike and I have full sized ones put right in the
ground.
You could always put yours outside for a nice alternative spring display .
HTH

I hate daffodils too, I dread March because of them, especially when you see
a lone clump of them beside a motorway, or when they are all lined up
outside someone's hedge. I don't know why, but I find that intensely
depressing.

The wild ones are ok though.

Old 04-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 13:28:36 +0100, "w.g.s.hamm"
wrote:

I love cyclamen but cannot have house plants because of the cats knocking
them over so I planted mine outside. I have little minature ones in planters
which are out in full bloom right now and make a lovely change from ruddy
daffodils which I dislike and I have full sized ones put right in the
ground.
You could always put yours outside for a nice alternative spring display .
HTH

Ruddy daffodils? You mean you have red ones? You should make a
fortune selling those!

Pam in Bristol
Old 04-04-2005, 11:38 PM
w.g.s.hamm

wrote:

I love cyclamen but cannot have house plants because of the cats

knocking
them over so I planted mine outside. I have little minature ones in

planters
which are out in full bloom right now and make a lovely change from ruddy
daffodils which I dislike and I have full sized ones put right in the
ground.
You could always put yours outside for a nice alternative spring display

..
HTH

Ruddy daffodils? You mean you have red ones? You should make a
fortune selling those!

Pam in Bristol

I was being polite. I was *going* to write "sodding" daffodils ;0p
I hate them, boring things. Around here they are as common as dandelions,
in every garden, every roadside verge, every bank, there are zillions of
them. For the last few years I have been digging up masses of bulbs from my
garden and throwing them away.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:52 PM
w.g.s.hamm

"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message
We seem to have gone off on a tangent. Please could I have the advice I
asked for?

You get bugger all for demanding and stamping your feet mate and even less
for top posting.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Kay

In article , Colin Jacobs
writes
We seem to have gone off on a tangent. Please could I have the advice I
asked for?

You are new to newsgroups, right? The purpose of this newsgroup is
discussion of gardening in the UK, and that is what is happening here.
This is not an on-line version of 'Gardeners' Question Time' with a
number of paid experts whose job it is to answer questions. Someone will
answer you if they know the answer and have the time and the
inclination, but it is a favour, not something to which you have an
entitlement.

You may not have meant it as such, but I find the tone of your response
quite rude.

--
Kay

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM