Old 14-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Daft place for daffodils?

In article , JimGC writes:
| I live in a small flat with a balcony, and have a few 8-10"
| pots out there. This spring I planted daffodil bulbs in two
| pots, they flowered beautifully, but are now ending. However
| (D*oh!) I hadn't thought what to do with the daffs now the
| flowers have gone. Can I dig them out and keep them for next
| year? Or do I have to dedicate these two pots to my daffs
| and leave the leaves to die back of their own accord?

The latter, I am afraid. Or you can donate them to some suitable
boring patch of long grass and buy again next year.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 14-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Mike

If you are able, leave the leaves on but turn/lay them out of the way and
plant some bedding plants on top. Then next year, plant on top of the bulbs
something which is going to be growing, but out of the way, ready to take
over in April 2006 :-))

April 2006 a long way off? Don't you believe it, I have just done a booking
form for the British Korean Vets Association Reunion for October 2006!!
everything all organised :-))

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
"JimGC" wrote in message
I live in a small flat with a balcony, and have a few 8-10"
pots out there. This spring I planted daffodil bulbs in two
pots, they flowered beautifully, but are now ending. However
(D*oh!) I hadn't thought what to do with the daffs now the
flowers have gone. Can I dig them out and keep them for next
year? Or do I have to dedicate these two pots to my daffs
and leave the leaves to die back of their own accord?

Thanks, Jim

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
To email go to my address and take out the dog ...

Old 14-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Mike

Jim I replied before but somehow the posting got lost.

Rather like a lot of the mail these days:-((

Old 14-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Mike

Jim

THREE times I have tried to post this :-((

Is it a case of 'net nannies rule?'

Old 15-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Sally Thompson

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:03:21 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

Jim

THREE times I have tried to post this :-((

Is it a case of 'net nannies rule?'

Jim I replied before but somehow the posting got lost.

snip
Well, I now have your posting four times, Mike!
So perhaps the problem is your end.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Reply To address is spam trap