Old 25-04-2005, 07:43 PM
p.mc

Default Cuttings

Hi

I've just taken some cuttings from established bushes, but they were in
flower.
So I've pulled the flowers off them and potted them up.
Just wanted to know if they would root, sorry don't know the names of
plants.

Newbie

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks

Old 26-04-2005, 01:03 AM
p.mc

Thanks Janet

Did I do the right thing by pulling the flowers off though?

--
Regards
p.mc

For personal replies please leave or type signature
"p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
posts will not be received.
Thanks

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "p.mc" sigadd1to contains these words:

Hi

I've just taken some cuttings from established bushes, but they were in
flower.
So I've pulled the flowers off them and potted them up.
Just wanted to know if they would root, sorry don't know the names of
plants.

With no name or description, there's no way of guessing.
Keep the pots shaded and watered, and wait and see.

Janet

Old 26-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered User

Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire

The best time to take cuttings of shrubs is in the autumn time when the leaves have fallen. These are hardwood cuttings and take a year to root so a little patients is required. If you keed yo compost or soil moist I think that they should root ok but it may take some time for them to root.
Old 27-04-2005, 03:57 AM
p.mc

Thankyou

--
Regards
p.mc

Rock elm cuttings no go, but sour cherry cuttings are going [email protected] Plant Science 0 15-08-2008 07:15 AM
[IBC] Suckers as cuttings Neal Ross Bonsai 2 13-02-2003 02:55 AM
succulent cuttings Iris Cohen Gardening 1 10-02-2003 09:25 AM
cactus cuttings flavrcntry Gardening 2 09-02-2003 03:36 PM
Cuttings, and trading roses Suzanne in CA Roses 3 09-02-2003 08:01 AM