Old 29-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Potatoes!

1st earlies are showing, but no sign of either 2nd earlies or maincrop.

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Old 29-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Draven

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

1st earlies are showing, but no sign of either 2nd earlies or maincrop.

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Mine are growing like weeds.

Old 29-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Kay

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

1st earlies are showing, but no sign of either 2nd earlies or maincrop.

Well, it's early yet!!
Mine aren't showing at all

And my rhubarb only popped though last week
--
Kay

Old 29-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered User

My mate gave me some and they are 6" high.
I'm topping them up with straw to the top of the growth.

When do I stop putting straw on and when do I know when to dig them up?
Old 30-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Harold Walker

"orfy" wrote in message
news

My mate gave me some and they are 6" high.
I'm topping them up with straw to the top of the growth.

When do I stop putting straw on and when do I know when to dig them up?

Usually I wait until they start flowering then I stick my hand into the soil
and feel around for a few...just enough to make a single meal...HW

--
orfy

Old 30-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Kay
writes

And my rhubarb only popped though last week

We've been pulling rhubarb for a couple of weeks now, but that's from
old long established crowns. Younger ones are well on, but not yet ready
to pick.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 30-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Alan Holmes

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

1st earlies are showing, but no sign of either 2nd earlies or maincrop.

Well, it's early yet!!
Mine aren't showing at all

And my rhubarb only popped though last week

MY rhubarb has been up about 2 weeks, so there!

Old 02-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Alan Holmes

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

1st earlies are showing, but no sign of either 2nd earlies or maincrop.

Maincrop just starting to show!