Old 01-05-2005, 10:35 PM
keith ;-\)

Default Tips & good ideas for gardeners!

Has anyone got any tips or good recycling ideas that us gardeners can use to
make gardening easier/cheaper or free.
i.e. Use a empty sweetex dispenser for sowing seed.Fill it up and click to
dispense your seed.

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

Old 02-05-2005, 12:54 PM

I have used toilet rolls this year to start of my Beans and Peas ideal
containers for those plants which do not like bare root planting such
as French Beans and a very cheap and green way of recycling for the
Gardener

Old 02-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith ;-\)
Has anyone got any tips or good recycling ideas that us gardeners can use to
make gardening easier/cheaper or free.
i.e. Use a empty sweetex dispenser for sowing seed.Fill it up and click to
dispense your seed.

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

I use empty plastic drinks bottles (cut in half) as cloches.

Old 02-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Spider

keith ;-) wrote in message
Has anyone got any tips or good recycling ideas that us gardeners can use

make gardening easier/cheaper or free.
i.e. Use a empty sweetex dispenser for sowing seed.Fill it up and click to
dispense your seed.

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

I always keep an old decrepit pair of secateurs for cutting through stubborn
underground roots. It saves wear on my good pair.

Spider

Old 03-05-2005, 03:21 PM
ajr

"keith ;-)" wrote in message
Has anyone got any tips or good recycling ideas that us gardeners can use
make gardening easier/cheaper or free.
i.e. Use a empty sweetex dispenser for sowing seed.Fill it up and click to
dispense your seed.

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

When growing 'spindly' seedling, such as beans, sunflowers etc in my mini
greenhouse (bargain at £12!!!) I use the wooden or plastic stirrers, that
have now replaced spoons at the coffee 'outlets' at train stations, as
supports.

Cheers,

Andrew