Old 03-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Registered User

Location: cambridgeshire
Question newcomer with a rose question

Hi All,

My name is Sam and I am new to the group but quickly become a keen gardener after completely transforming my gravel pit of a back garden.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me track down a specific Rose.

The name of the rose is "Chloe" it is a shrub rose which originates from Denmark. I believe it is pink in colour with a strong scent.

I would dearly love to buy one of these as I would like to plant it for a pet that I have to have put to sleep. Her name is Chloe and I feel it would be really lovely if I can get a rose with the same name to remember her by.

I have only been able to find 1 place on the net that sells it but they are out of stock until the autumn.

Any help would be greatfully recieved.

Many thanks

Sam
Old 03-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from samboc7 contains these words:

My name is Sam and I am new to the group but quickly become a keen
gardener after completely transforming my gravel pit of a back garden.

Hmmm. Lots of compost and horshhhhh?

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me track down a
specific Rose.

The name of the rose is "Chloe" it is a shrub rose which originates
from Denmark. I believe it is pink in colour with a strong scent.

I've had a look in a couple of books by Svend Poulsen and it's not
mentioned, so it will be fairly modern - well, since the mid 'fifties,
anyway.

I would dearly love to buy one of these as I would like to plant it for
a pet that I have to have put to sleep. Her name is Chloe and I feel it
would be really lovely if I can get a rose with the same name to
remember her by.

I have only been able to find 1 place on the net that sells it but they
are out of stock until the autumn.

Try Peter Beales Roses, London Road, Attleborough, Norfolk. 01953 454707

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Hedges for a newcomer plissken United Kingdom 5 04-04-2013 07:30 PM
Newcomer! harry United Kingdom 0 05-10-2011 08:28 AM
I am new to gardening with Bulbs can you help a newcomer ? darren30 United Kingdom 15 30-01-2011 07:08 PM
Newcomer desperately needs help! geri_a Gardening 4 14-01-2007 05:17 PM