Old 05-05-2005, 04:18 PM
BAC

"John Edgar" wrote in message
oups.com...
How can it be inhumane? We are not dealing with humans, but animals and
vermin at that.

I'm assuming you are responding to a post which suggested that killing
squirrels by drowning might be considered inhumane?

Do you believe it is impossible to be inhumane to any non-human animal? If
so, how would you define 'humane'?

Old 05-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Sue Begg

In message , BAC
writes

"John Edgar" wrote in message
roups.com...
How can it be inhumane? We are not dealing with humans, but animals and
vermin at that.

I'm assuming you are responding to a post which suggested that killing
squirrels by drowning might be considered inhumane?

Do you believe it is impossible to be inhumane to any non-human animal? If
so, how would you define 'humane'?

I think humane is treating any species with the dignity and kindness
that I would afford a 'human' under the same circumstances. In fact I
think some humans are the only creatures that I could delight in killing
slowly :-))
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Old 06-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Alan Holmes

"Sue Begg" wrote in message

Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

I'd love to, when can we meet?(:-)

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Old 07-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Sue Begg

In message , Alan Holmes
writes

"Sue Begg" wrote in message

Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

I'd love to, when can we meet?(:-)

LOL it's not a pretty sight nowadays :-))

Old 07-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Alan Holmes

"Sue Begg" wrote in message
In message , Alan Holmes
writes

"Sue Begg" wrote in message

Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

I'd love to, when can we meet?(:-)

LOL it's not a pretty sight nowadays :-))

Snap!(:-)

Old 08-05-2005, 11:53 AM
John Edgar

In fact I
think some humans are the only creatures that I could delight in
killing
slowly :-))

So you are just as bad, if not worse, than I am. At least I
differentiate between human animals and animal animals.
John

Old 07-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

BAC wrote:
"John Edgar" wrote in message
oups.com...
How can it be inhumane? We are not dealing with humans, but animals
and vermin at that.

I'm assuming you are responding to a post which suggested that killing
squirrels by drowning might be considered inhumane?

Do you believe it is impossible to be inhumane to any non-human
animal? If so, how would you define 'humane'?

From the Chambers Dictionary: -

humane adj 1 kind and sympathetic. 2 said of a killing: done with as little
pain and suffering as possible. 3 said of a branch of learning: aiming to
civilize and make more elegant and polite. humanely adverb. humaneness noun.

Nothing whatsoever to do with 'human' except it's usually humans doing the
killing.

Old 08-05-2005, 11:51 AM
John Edgar

Do you believe it is impossible to be inhumane to any non-human animal?
If
so, how would you define 'humane'?

The treatment of humans in as respectful a manner as possible: animals
on an ad hoc basis.
John

Old 08-05-2005, 07:04 PM
BAC

"John Edgar" wrote in message
oups.com...
Do you believe it is impossible to be inhumane to any non-human animal?
If
so, how would you define 'humane'?

The treatment of humans in as respectful a manner as possible: animals
on an ad hoc basis.

Interesting - you quote from the OED to define psychopath, but not 'humane',
why is that?

Old 09-05-2005, 11:58 AM
John Edgar

Couldn't be bothered to look it up.