Old 08-05-2005, 11:41 AM
John Edgar

Yes - doesn't your ISP have a newsfeed? Then you can use a proper
newsreader, such as Thunderbird (with Firefox), Opera News, Netscape
Communicator, I think Agent does news as well as mail, oh, lots of
decent programs are available.

I was using Agent to access the news service in Germany - I forget its
name, but they started charging. I have a basic BB ISP that does not
provide usenet service hence the use of Google groups. I am now using
copy and paste and hope it works
John

Old 08-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message . com
from "John Edgar" contains these words:

Yes - doesn't your ISP have a newsfeed? Then you can use a proper
newsreader, such as Thunderbird (with Firefox), Opera News, Netscape
Communicator, I think Agent does news as well as mail, oh, lots of
decent programs are available.

Now you seem to have quoted me, but with no attribution nor any
attribution chevrons, so it's unlikely that anyone will *KNOW* you're
quoting.

The bit above this should appear thus:

Yes - doesn't your ISP have a newsfeed? Then you can use a proper
newsreader, such as Thunderbird (with Firefox), Opera News, Netscape
Communicator, I think Agent does news as well as mail, oh, lots of
decent programs are available.

And in the one I'm replying to, should have had a single row of chevrons
as below. Each requote adds another row, so you can follow the thread.

I was using Agent to access the news service in Germany - I forget its
name, but they started charging.

Individual.net? Their government funding stopped, and they're not a charity.

I have a basic BB ISP that does not
provide usenet service hence the use of Google groups. I am now using
copy and paste and hope it works

Not really, though I have seen Google groups' messages conforming, so I
believe it can be done. I believe there's a good newsfeed from Poland,
and it's free.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 08-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Mike Lyle

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message . com
from "John Edgar" contains these

words:
[...]
I have a basic BB ISP that does not
provide usenet service hence the use of Google groups. I am now

using
copy and paste and hope it works

Not really, though I have seen Google groups' messages conforming,

so
I believe it can be done. I believe there's a good newsfeed from
Poland,
and it's free.

On Gg, all you have to do is click Show options, then the Reply
at bottom left of the header. It then lets you quote and edit like a
newsreader.

--
Mike.