Old 14-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Alex Woodward

Default Parthenocissus - henryana

Just purchased a Virginia creeper that I hope to plant in a container that
measures 2 1/2 ft long x 6 inches wide x 6 inches deep. Am I being a little
too optimistic in hoping that this will be sufficient depth etc; to allow it
to grow to its full potential?

Alex

Old 14-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Alex Woodward" wrote in message
Just purchased a Virginia creeper that I hope to plant in a container that
measures 2 1/2 ft long x 6 inches wide x 6 inches deep. Am I being a

little
too optimistic in hoping that this will be sufficient depth etc; to allow

it
to grow to its full potential?

Alex

Yes, its much too small. Also bear in mind that Parthenocissus being closely
related to the Vines is very popular with vine weevils and you are asking
for trouble growing in a container unless you protect the plant.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 14-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Andrew

Yes!!!

Andrew
www.babicz.com

Old 18-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Registered User

Damn! I wanted to plant my one against the (shady) back wall of the house but was going to put it in a large container. Thanks for the reminder about vine weevils - I think instead we'll have to take up a slab of the patio and plant it in the ground. I hope it can cope with the localised alkalinity of the soil there, though.
Ornata, gardening in South London, UK