Old 16-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Harold Walker

Default Cheshunt

One more question....how many use Cheshunt Compound for seed germination
these days....with my first attempts back in the 30's I used to bake soil in
the oven but mam complained due to the smell...then someone put me on to
Cheshunt....on the very odd time with special seeds I still use
Cheshunt...well, not exactly as I mix my own but the same formula. Just
curious...H

Old 16-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 16 May 2005 06:39:41 -0400, "Harold Walker"
wrote:

One more question....how many use Cheshunt Compound for seed germination
these days....with my first attempts back in the 30's I used to bake soil in
the oven but mam complained due to the smell...then someone put me on to
Cheshunt....on the very odd time with special seeds I still use
Cheshunt...well, not exactly as I mix my own but the same formula. Just
curious...H

I've got some I've had for yonks but not used for a good many years.
Can you buy it there under the same name?

Pam in Bristol
Old 16-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Harold Walker

wrote:

One more question....how many use Cheshunt Compound for seed germination
these days....with my first attempts back in the 30's I used to bake soil
in
the oven but mam complained due to the smell...then someone put me on to
Cheshunt....on the very odd time with special seeds I still use
Cheshunt...well, not exactly as I mix my own but the same formula. Just
curious...H

I've got some I've had for yonks but not used for a good many years.
Can you buy it there under the same name?

Pam in Bristol

To the best of my knowledge it is unkown as such over here...that is why I
mix my own....Harold on Cape Cod

Old 18-05-2005, 07:57 AM
Chris Hogg

On Mon, 16 May 2005 07:22:05 -0400, "Harold Walker"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

One more question....how many use Cheshunt Compound for seed germination
these days....with my first attempts back in the 30's I used to bake soil
in
the oven but mam complained due to the smell...then someone put me on to
Cheshunt....on the very odd time with special seeds I still use
Cheshunt...well, not exactly as I mix my own but the same formula. Just
curious...H

I've got some I've had for yonks but not used for a good many years.
Can you buy it there under the same name?

Pam in Bristol

To the best of my knowledge it is unkown as such over here...that is why I
mix my own....Harold on Cape Cod

I bought a small tin several years ago and still have plenty left. Is
it still available in the UK or has it fallen foul of an interfering
Brussels edict?

For those interested in making this and other copper-based fungicides
such as Bordeaux or Burgundy mixtures, go to:

http://www.agric.wa.gov.au/AGENCY/PU...991/f07891/htm

--
Chris

Old 20-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Christina Cameron

I use it regularly, I think it's marketed by Bio.
Best regards,
Christina

Old 20-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Registered User

Cheshunt:
Yep,,, it's still available,,,, made/marketed by BIO.
I don't know anything about it, but looked on Google.

It upset me slightly when I saw the name, as it reminded me of a so called 'super'-market in the area ???? arghhh