Old 21-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Forthcoming legislation on large trees

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , eddy
writes
Does anyone here know full details ?
types of trees ,heights, light deprivation ?

IIRC new legislation is proposed to bring the height of growing hedges
into line with constructed fences, i.e. normally a maximum of 2m./6'6".
It aimed primarily at nuisance from Leylandii hedges which are left
untrimmed, but it would also take in other hedging problems.

I wonder what would constitute 'other hedging problems'?

We have one or two plants which grow taller than 2M, our neighbour
sometimes complains about the fact that one or two of then grow
over onto her side of the boundary, the boundary is some 200 feet
long, would she be entitled to force us to trim these plants to 2M?

Alan

Old 23-02-2003, 06:57 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

I wonder what would constitute 'other hedging problems'?

We have one or two plants which grow taller than 2M, our neighbour
sometimes complains about the fact that one or two of then grow
over onto her side of the boundary, the boundary is some 200 feet
long, would she be entitled to force us to trim these plants to 2M?

Those are some examples of other hedging problems. Ownership of growing
fruit is another. We have some trees and bushes in a 100m long roadside
hedge which would interfere with passing traffic if they were not
attended to. If the new Act were passed, it would be law rather than
neighbours which required trimming to be done between gardens, though
occupiers could report a nuisance to the authorities.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 23-02-2003, 09:41 AM
eddy

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 06:57:06 +0000, Alan Gould
wrote:

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

I wonder what would constitute 'other hedging problems'?

We have one or two plants which grow taller than 2M, our neighbour
sometimes complains about the fact that one or two of then grow
over onto her side of the boundary, the boundary is some 200 feet
long, would she be entitled to force us to trim these plants to 2M?

Those are some examples of other hedging problems. Ownership of growing
fruit is another. We have some trees and bushes in a 100m long roadside
hedge which would interfere with passing traffic if they were not
attended to. If the new Act were passed, it would be law rather than
neighbours which required trimming to be done between gardens, though
occupiers could report a nuisance to the authorities.

my local council is already enforcing overgrowing hedges cutting,
where they encroach on the pavement.
it seems they will get more touchy about these matters in future.
but every case is seperate and no doubt will be open to interpretation
if someone complains about a hedge that is cutting out light they will
act.