Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2005, 05:08 PM
andrew fox

Default what will take duck eggs from nest

we have a pond we have nesting park ducks living in
the first few eggs were taken by the crow who lives in a tree at the
bottom the garden, it was messy and he ate them in the bird bath, well
he eats everything there, it looks likea scene from ER most of the time
but now 2 and then 4 eggs have just clean dissappeared , no debris and
shell anywhere in the bird bath area.
could the crow have changed its modus operandi or is there likely to be
another culprit, the eggs have gone in broad daylight, surley not a cat
or a fox?
on both heists not all the eggs have gone
and today she laid a small bantam size egg and was very distressed at
loosing 4 eggs
and is there anything we can do to help Matilda (the duck)
if you want any more info mail me

cheers andrew