Old 26-05-2005, 08:13 PM
spakker

Default stopping threads on this newsgroup

Can anyone explain ,please, who stops/removes threads from this newsgroup ,
eg. tia

Old 26-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Chuck Bodgers

"spakker" wrote in message
Can anyone explain ,please, who stops/removes threads from this newsgroup
,
eg. tia

I think June Hughes is the moderator

Old 26-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Theo Markettos

spakker wrote:
Can anyone explain ,please, who stops/removes threads from this newsgroup ,
eg. tia

Err, that's in rec.gardens not uk.rec.gardening:
http://www.google.com.mt/groups?selm...utp ut=gplain

I can't find a cancel message for that article, though my newsfeed only has
3600 cancels listed. For the FAQ on what cancelling is, try:
http://killfile.org/~tskirvin/faqs/cancel.html

Theo
Old 26-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Peter Stockdale

"spakker" wrote in message
Can anyone explain ,please, who stops/removes threads from this newsgroup
,
eg. tia

Do not know, but if text was :-

My neighbor has this big wisteria root coming out of the ground right near
our fence. The fence is a weak little 4 footer and the weight of the
wisteria is trashing it. I clip it off when I can but the woody branches are
thickening and it's getting tougher. Is there anything I can spray on my
side to keep this plant at bay?
Thanks for any help.
Ed

freedom of speech - seems a reasonable post to me.
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 27-05-2005, 09:10 AM
spakker

Sorry , wrong group -forgot lack of uk-as noted by Theo-thread still seems
to have gone tho.

Old 27-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Bob Hobden

"Janet Baraclough" wrote after spakker said these words:

Sorry , wrong group -forgot lack of uk-as noted by Theo-thread still
seems
to have gone tho.

Maybe it's expired off your own newsreader. That makes no difference to
anyone else's. It still shows on and won't expire from google groups,
where it's been archived in a the most famous search machine on the net.

So if your neighbour decides to look up some help with his wisteria
problem.....he'll find out what's wrong with it.

Why not just talk to your neighbour, explain your problem?
We get lots of questions like this and I really do wonder if we are losing
the power of conversation in this country.
I talk to any and everyone down our road even if it's only a cheerful "good
morning", anything to be done in the front garden takes twice as long. :-)

--
Regards
Bob