Old 02-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Muttley's Dad

Default Vegetable growing

This is largely off topic, but I would welcome any suggestions. I am
interested in a group that deals with growing of food, be it vegetables
or fruit, for family consumption. Please direct me to a more suitable
group if you know of one. UK based preferably.
Many thanks
Muttley's Dad

Old 02-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article . com,
Muttley's Dad wrote:
This is largely off topic, but I would welcome any suggestions. I am
interested in a group that deals with growing of food, be it vegetables
or fruit, for family consumption. Please direct me to a more suitable
group if you know of one. UK based preferably.

You've found it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:28 PM
spakker

Thats right.Try http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/urgfaqs.htm also a site I like is http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/altleaves.php
Old 02-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Phil L

spakker wrote:
::: This is largely off topic, but I would welcome any suggestions. I
::: am interested in a group that deals with growing of food, be it
::: vegetables or fruit, for family consumption. Please direct me to
::: a more suitable group if you know of one. UK based preferably.
::
:: You've found it.
::
: Thats right.Try http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/urgfaqs.htm
: also a site I like is http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/altleaves.php

Please don't post in HTML, it's hideous, huge and some news readers cannot
decipher it, making your posts unreadable.
Using outlook express, click toolsoptionssendnews sending format, set it
to plain text.

HTH

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:04 PM
spakker

Please don't post in HTML, it's hideous, huge and some news readers cannot
decipher it, making your posts unreadable.
Using outlook express, click toolsoptionssendnews sending format, set

it
to plain text.

Still learning , will try your suggested method. o.k.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:36 PM
spakker

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
Hope you spotted the weekly help post called abc for newcomers to
uk.rec.gardening.

Janet

I have postings set to show latest at the top of the page. For some reason
the weekly help-posts all seem to carry on a thread that started on 29-1-05
,so I have not spotted them! Thanks for highlighting them.