Old 02-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Peter James

Default Rabbits!

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 16:42:17 -0000, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Catch the beasties and discover the joys of a good rabbit pie or
rehouse them 20 miles away ?

Rabbit pie is fine but releasing them is an offence.

You could go up to North Lancashire and catch one, most of them
seem to have myxamitosis (SP?), so releasing one of those down
here would help to control the rabbit population, although I don't
think I'd want one of those in a rabbit pie!

I seem to remember that doing such a thing is a criminal offence,
punishable by a heavy fine or term of imprisonment. Some years ago
when we in Cornwall were suffering from a bout of myxamotosis one of
the local farmers was done by the then Min of Ag for such an offence.
Heavy fine I seem to remember.
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply
Old 02-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Roberto

wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Catch the beasties and discover the joys of a good rabbit pie or
rehouse them 20 miles away ?

Rabbit pie is fine but releasing them is an offence.

You could go up to North Lancashire and catch one, most of them
seem to have myxamitosis (SP?), so releasing one of those down
here would help to control the rabbit population, although I don't
think I'd want one of those in a rabbit pie!

I seem to remember that doing such a thing is a criminal offence,
punishable by a heavy fine or term of imprisonment. Some years ago
when we in Cornwall were suffering from a bout of myxamotosis one of
the local farmers was done by the then Min of Ag for such an offence.
Heavy fine I seem to remember.
-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply

No use transporting an infected rabbit, unless it has fleas, because it is
the fleas that transmit the infection, from bunny to bunny.
Roberto

Old 02-03-2003, 08:23 PM
BAC

wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Catch the beasties and discover the joys of a good rabbit pie or
rehouse them 20 miles away ?

Rabbit pie is fine but releasing them is an offence.

You could go up to North Lancashire and catch one, most of them
seem to have myxamitosis (SP?), so releasing one of those down
here would help to control the rabbit population, although I don't
think I'd want one of those in a rabbit pie!

I seem to remember that doing such a thing is a criminal offence,
punishable by a heavy fine or term of imprisonment. Some years ago
when we in Cornwall were suffering from a bout of myxamotosis one of
the local farmers was done by the then Min of Ag for such an offence.
Heavy fine I seem to remember.

Was that for release of a live rabbit, or for dumping a dead rabbit? Fleas
will leave a freshly dead 'myxie' victim, spreading the disease, I believe.

Old 03-03-2003, 03:24 AM
Alan Holmes

wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Catch the beasties and discover the joys of a good rabbit pie or
rehouse them 20 miles away ?

Rabbit pie is fine but releasing them is an offence.

You could go up to North Lancashire and catch one, most of them
seem to have myxamitosis (SP?), so releasing one of those down
here would help to control the rabbit population, although I don't
think I'd want one of those in a rabbit pie!

I seem to remember that doing such a thing is a criminal offence,
punishable by a heavy fine or term of imprisonment. Some years ago
when we in Cornwall were suffering from a bout of myxamotosis one of
the local farmers was done by the then Min of Ag for such an offence.
Heavy fine I seem to remember.

Only if you get caught!(:-)

Alan

Rabbits, rabbits everywhere wind'n'stone United Kingdom 4 22-05-2008 08:15 PM
Rabbits Y United Kingdom 4 19-11-2003 06:03 PM
Rabbits and lawn fertilization Sigurd Kallhovde Lawns 0 12-10-2003 11:22 PM
rabbits John Savage Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
rabbits and "burning bush" Jim Moran Lawns 5 19-03-2003 12:44 AM