Old 04-03-2003, 12:09 PM
Kay Easton

Default We have frog spawn

In article , Sacha
writes

Can anyone tell me how long it is from frogs mating to laying?!
We've had loads of frogs around but seen no spawn yet.
--

AFAIK, the eggs are fertilised as they are laid, so the male frog clasps
hold of the female and hangs on for as long as it takes - ISTR they can

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/
Old 04-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Chris Rowe

I first noticed frogspawn in my pond on the 26 Feb don;t know how long it
had been there as I hadn't been out in the garden for a few days
Chris from Southampton
"Kay Easton" wrote in message
Our first frog spawn today in Leeds

This March 2nd, compared with:

2002 March 5th
2001 March 12th

1999 March 13th

Otoh the crocuses, wallflowers and rosemary are later than they were
last year - crocuses and wallflowers by a couple of weeks, and the
rosemary still isn't in flower.

Old 22-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Simon Avery

Kay Easton wrote:

Hello Kay

KE Our first frog spawn today in Leeds

Nothing here yet, but it's a new pond and word must not have got out
yet

I did, ahem, "liberate" some from a wild pond on Haldon, just south of
Exeter on a freezing morning on 15th Feb. Unfortunately I left it in
an aquarium in full sun and it kinda cooked.

Old 23-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Stephen Goodall

Maybe its a problem in Leeds. My 3 year old pond had frog spawn last year
this year I haven't even seen a frog.
http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningforpleasureuk/

Frog Spawn Stephen G United Kingdom 2 15-04-2003 02:20 PM
My frog spawn sank Serenity United Kingdom 3 18-03-2003 06:09 PM
Frog spawn Instep Walking Holidays United Kingdom 0 18-03-2003 05:08 PM
Yippee Frog Spawn Natalie United Kingdom 6 18-03-2003 08:44 AM
Frog, toad and newt spawn Annabel United Kingdom 9 08-03-2003 05:45 PM