Old 04-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Michael Anderson

Default one for you lawn gurus

If a rookie gardener sowed some grass seeds early October (too late the
experts say) and they fail to germinate,
considering the winter weather we've had since then (Gloucestershire) would
it be correct to assume that the seeds would have died off rather than just
waiting for much warmer weather to start growing?

Michael Anderson

Old 04-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Alison

"Michael Anderson" wrote in message
If a rookie gardener sowed some grass seeds early October (too late the
experts say) and they fail to germinate,
considering the winter weather we've had since then (Gloucestershire)

would
it be correct to assume that the seeds would have died off rather than

just
waiting for much warmer weather to start growing?

Michael Anderson

Not necessarily but the birds may well have had a good feast to keep them
going through the cold. I should think that if any did 'hang in there' it
might well have been swirled into groups by the rain (happened to ours a few
years ago - Sept rains). I think you'd best face the prospect that you'll
need to do it again even if some has survived. Not that I'm a lawn guru by
any means.........

--A

Old 04-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Tumbleweed

"Michael Anderson" wrote in message
If a rookie gardener sowed some grass seeds early October (too late the
experts say) and they fail to germinate,
considering the winter weather we've had since then (Gloucestershire)

would
it be correct to assume that the seeds would have died off rather than

just
waiting for much warmer weather to start growing?

Michael Anderson

Yes or washed away or eaten or all three.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)

Question for the Gurus ! Phalguy Orchids 1 11-05-2006 10:40 AM
Question for the gurus! Al Orchids 10 25-03-2005 01:04 AM
ok i told you that one now how about this one? len gardener Australia 3 27-10-2004 12:40 AM
2 questions for the lawn gurus... Former Organ Donor Lawns 7 20-04-2004 01:05 PM
Gardening Gurus URL Donald R Smith Australia 1 20-04-2003 12:20 PM