Old 20-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Spider

Default Purple and black plants, book recommendation

Janet Baraclough wrote in message

Does anyone else share my addiction for purple flowers and
purple/black foliage? If so, you might enjoy a book I've just acquired.

It's called Black Magic and Purple Passion ISBN 09545764-2-X, author
Karen Platt.
2750 dark plants and 425 colour photographs, excellent for drooling and
reference.

Janet.

How much is it, Janet? Do you know the publisher?

Spider

Old 20-06-2005, 06:44 PM
CK

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:

Janet Baraclough wrote in message

Does anyone else share my addiction for purple flowers and
purple/black foliage? If so, you might enjoy a book I've just acquired.

It's called Black Magic and Purple Passion ISBN 09545764-2-X, author
Karen Platt.
2750 dark plants and 425 colour photographs, excellent for drooling and
reference.

Janet.

How much is it, Janet? Do you know the publisher?

16.99 UK pounds, published by Black Tulip . I think this is her own
private publishing company; anyway it's beautifully produced. Have just
realised she did most of the gorgeous photography herself.

Available online from www.karenplatt.co.uk or www.blackplants.co.uk

I much prefer to see books before buying but couldn't find it in stock
at any of the big bookshops in Glasgow. However while I was spending a
happy day there trawling bookshops, Ottakars offered to order one and
post it out (arrived in 5 days, with charming note from the shop
assistant, big pat on back to Ottakars for great service).

Janet.

Hi there,
Why not get it at your Library??

Ours has it in stock to request for 50p, and I'm sure most Library
Authorities will buy it if they don't have it.

Ours buys more or less any adult non-fiction up to about £20.00.

Use your Public Library or loose it!!

Cheers,
CK

Old 23-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Spider

[...]

Thanks for that info., Janet. It seems a reasonable price. I shall browse
it properly next time I'm at Wisley, but I think it's one for my bookshelf.
Regards,
Spider

Old 23-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Spider

Janet Baraclough wrote in message
The message
from "CK"
. wanadoo.co.uk
contains these words:

Hi there,
Why not get it at your Library??

Because then I'd have to give it back, which would be inconvenient
since I'm likely to refer to it often.

Ours has it in stock to request for 50p, and I'm sure most Library
Authorities will buy it if they don't have it.

Ours buys more or less any adult non-fiction up to about £20.00.

Use your Public Library or loose it!!

Buy books and support writers and publishers, or public libraries will
cease to exist !!

Janet.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Janet. I couldn't do without my groaning
personal gardening bookshelf. Further, I don't think the library would
appreciate it if I charged in there with my muddy boots, perspiring like
Farmer Giles on a bad day, and insisting on seeing page x of "Purple and
Black Plants .."

My hubby makes good use of the public library, so I feel they are unlikely
to suffer for want of my presence.

Spider