Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Totty

Default Cerinthe major 'Purpurascens'

I have grown this for the first time this year, from seed that was a
freeby with Gardens Monthly. It seems to like my hot, dry conditions,
and though drooping slightly at the end of the day, perks up overnight
without being watered more than once a week. Does anyone know at what
stage I will see the promised "blueing" of the vegetation and flowers?
At the moment the leaves and bracts are glaucus, but pale, green, and
the flowers are a pale salmony pink. Is the darkening dependent on age
or conditions?

--
Jo
Alicante