Old 05-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Registered User

Default Recommend a sweet cherry

Im want to grow a cherry tree,so I wondering if anyone had any recommendations on which variety.

(it will be on a giesela5 rootstock in a large pot on a hot patio (when its sunny) against a south facing wall)

must be self fertile.

Cheers

Ed
Old 06-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from gasdoctor contains these words:

Im want to grow a cherry tree,so I wondering if anyone had any
recommendations on which variety.

(it will be on a giesela5 rootstock in a large pot on a hot patio (when
its sunny) against a south facing wall)

must be self fertile.

Stella.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 06-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Derek Turner

gasdoctor wrote:

Harvey's bristol Cream?

I'll get my coat....
Old 06-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Turner
gasdoctor wrote:

Harvey's bristol Cream?

I'll get my coat....
Not bad, LOL....Im not interested in Mrs Blair either.

Stella, is going to be a firm favourite (not a great deal of SF cherries)
Old 26-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered User

After some delay, a time to order approaches, to order a sweet cherry.

Sunburst

or

Stella?

Any thoughts?

Ed

Old 27-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Spider

gasdoctor wrote in message

After some delay, a time to order approaches, to order a sweet cherry.

Sunburst

or

Stella?

Any thoughts?

Ed

--
gasdoctor

Hi Ed,

I haven't tried Sunburst, but I have grown and enjoyed Stella - alas, so did
the local birds. If you have an appropriate wall or fence, consider getting
a fan-trained cherry, so you can net the fruits against bird attack. This
method also simplifies pruning and cropping, as well as taking up less
garden space. It makes a stunning feature in the garden all year round.

Spider

Old 31-08-2005, 10:35 AM
J Jackson

gasdoctor wrote:

: After some delay, a time to order approaches, to order a sweet cherry.

: Sunburst

: or

: Stella?

Are you stuck to self fertile ones?

If not I'd recommend Merton Biggareau (hope that's spelt right)
I grow that and Stella, and it seriously outcrops stella and has proved
a reliable cropper. I have it on dwarfing root stock and have a big net I
wrap round, so that I get to eat the cherries.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Registered User

Alas, im am as i dont have enough room for two trees. Shame as that sounds good. Thanks anyway.

Im leaning towards sunburst as its more unusual.

Cherry vs sweet bite GTRad Australia 3 05-03-2005 10:39 PM
My sweet sweet Rose Brigitte J. Gardening 14 25-06-2004 12:03 AM
Sprouting sweet cherry pits Paul United Kingdom 1 06-07-2003 10:03 PM
Anyone recommend Craftsman 6.5HP lawnmower (37836) Steven Kolak Lawns 28 17-04-2003 11:20 PM
Can anyone recommend a good hose/watering online supplier. [email protected] United Kingdom 1 30-03-2003 02:33 AM