Old 03-03-2005, 09:30 AM
GTRad

Default Cherry vs sweet bite

I was given a couple of small tomato plants a few months back. One was
Cherry and the other was Sweet Bite. Planted both, got a great crop
from both. One had very small cherry sized tomatoes, the other had
bigger ones, about twice the size. Except I didn't mark which one was
which, so I don't know which tomato bush was the Cherry and which was
the Sweet Bite. And when I looked at the descriptions online, they both
say they have cherry sized tomatoes.

Does anyone here know which one has the bigger fruit? Is it the Cherry
or the Sweet Bite? I'd like to know for future reference, since I
prefer the tomato plant that had the bigger fruit. Thanks.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Paul Homes

In article .com,
"GTRad" wrote:

I was given a couple of small tomato plants a few months back. One was
Cherry and the other was Sweet Bite. Planted both, got a great crop
from both. One had very small cherry sized tomatoes, the other had
bigger ones, about twice the size. Except I didn't mark which one was
which, so I don't know which tomato bush was the Cherry and which was
the Sweet Bite. And when I looked at the descriptions online, they both
say they have cherry sized tomatoes.

Does anyone here know which one has the bigger fruit? Is it the Cherry
or the Sweet Bite? I'd like to know for future reference, since I
prefer the tomato plant that had the bigger fruit. Thanks.

G'Day GTRad,

I have Sweet-Bite cropping at the moment. Fruits are 3cm to 3.5cm in
diameter. These plants were purchased as named seedlings.

Paul
Old 05-03-2005, 09:15 AM
GTRad

Hey Paul, many thanks for that. Exactly the info I was looking for.
Seems it's the Sweet Bite then because that's the size of fruit I
prefer. So then the Cherry is true cherry size. Makes sense but they
don't seem to make it too clear on their site, saying both are cherry
sized.

Thanks again.

GTR

Old 05-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Andrew Gabb

GTRad wrote:
Does anyone here know which one has the bigger fruit? Is it the Cherry
or the Sweet Bite? I'd like to know for future reference, since I
prefer the tomato plant that had the bigger fruit. Thanks.

I planted Sweet Bite last year, Cherry Red (I think, or it might
have been Red Cherry) this year, because I couldn't get seedlings
for the former. I also had one Sweet Bite plant come up this year
(from last year's droppings), and cultivated it.

The Sweet Bite were definitely smaller than the Cherry Red and had a
much better flavour IMHO. Both were very sweet and juicy. Typical
sizes were about 1-2 cm for the Sweet Bite and 3-4 cm for the Cherry
Red. Both were prolific croppers.

Andrew
--
Andrew Gabb
email: Adelaide, South Australia

White tail spider bite ulceration and necrotic lesions Paul Valente Australia 8 16-10-2004 07:08 AM
Do dragonflies bite/sting? Charles Ponds 11 11-08-2004 04:09 PM
My leech bite - an update Smith Ponds 15 24-06-2004 05:05 AM
over bite tdreeves Ponds 1 13-12-2003 06:13 PM
Bless him he's passed out, nite, nite Bodger, dont let the bedbugs bite. Little Badger United Kingdom 0 23-03-2003 01:08 PM