Old 07-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Bob Smith \(UK\)

Default variegated hebe problem

It has some new shoots that are not variegated. All I can find by googling
is that someone says they just cut them off. Is this the best course of
action, or should I be treating the cause? Also, I have had it for 2 years,
and it has never flowered, in case this helps.

Bob

Old 07-07-2005, 12:09 PM
p.k.

Bob Smith (UK) wrote:
It has some new shoots that are not variegated. All I can find by
googling is that someone says they just cut them off. Is this the
best course of action, or should I be treating the cause? Also, I
have had it for 2 years, and it has never flowered, in case this
helps.
Bob

Cut them off right at the base of the shoot where they sprout from a
variegated branch/stem, left alone they will take over as they are more
vigourous.

pk

Old 07-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Registered User

Hi Bob - yes, cutting them off right at the base is the best thing to do. No further action need be done - just cut 'em off when you see them. It's quite common for some varigated plants to revert.
HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith \(UK\)

Old 07-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"Hardy Perennial" wrote in
message ...

Hi Bob - yes, cutting them off right at the base is the best thing to
do. No further action need be done - just cut 'em off when you see
them. It's quite common for some varigated plants to revert.
HP

Thanks all, been out and snipped the offending greenery.

I did notice some white fluff on the leaves. Would it be mould? I know you
can get mould killer for roses, but is it OK for other plants?

Bob

Old 07-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Kay

In article , Bob Smith (UK)
bob@nospamplease.? writes

"Hardy Perennial" wrote in
message ...

Hi Bob - yes, cutting them off right at the base is the best thing to
do. No further action need be done - just cut 'em off when you see
them. It's quite common for some varigated plants to revert.
HP

Thanks all, been out and snipped the offending greenery.

I did notice some white fluff on the leaves. Would it be mould? I know you
can get mould killer for roses, but is it OK for other plants?

That's where treating the cause is better. If it is mildew, it seems to
be worse if the plants are too dry.
--
Kay

Hebe Andersonii Variegata Variegated Hebe Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 23-03-2010 09:41 AM
Can anyone id this Hebe problem? Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 15 10-06-2009 01:37 PM
Hebe or not Hebe Twobtold Gardening 9 29-08-2004 08:33 PM
Hebe - Pruning Jack United Kingdom 1 11-02-2003 09:23 AM