Old 11-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Registered User

Default Help with my melons

I bought a water melon plant and a gala melon plant from B&Q a few months back. I have planted them in two separate tyres (some thing I found on the website that I have now lost) in a green house with a string for them to climb.
Their on a water irrigation system at the moment and get watered twice a day for ten minuets. There both about 4 foot tall now and they are starting to flower. What should I do now???? Where do they fruit from?

Yours hopefully a truly novice gardener
Old 12-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Dwayne

First thing I would do, is cut down on the water. Too much water will kill
most melons. I would water them when the dirt is getting dry and not
before. Second, what kind of water melon did you buy. I would let the vine
run on the floor rather than up something. Some kinds of melons get pretty
large. The fruit comes from the blossoms after the pollinators pay them a
visit, and sometimes, it will take awhile for them to come on.

Dwayne

--
matt22coll