Old 21-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Teleman

Default Greenhouse Erecting Help !!!!!!!

I just bought a greenhouse locally from a private seller.
Myself and a friend spent a happy 2 hours dismantling it.
We took it right down to a flat-pack for easy transportation
and it fitted into my car, all bar the long bits and door, which
we left intact, retrieving those today, so i was elated with both
getting what i consider a bargain, and getting it home safely and
easily.Then it dawned on me - "How the heck do i get this thing back
together again ???!!!!!!"
There was no brand name on it, but i *think* these are fairly standard
to put together - perhaps with a few variations
Does anyone have any resourses to point me to with regard to instructions
to reassemble this thing, on the web? A search of google only produced page
after page of basically generic stuff, assuming there were instructions with
it.

Yes - i KNOW what you are thinking, and i AM trying to grow another leg, so
i can walk and kick myself at the same time for not taking more care to note
how it all went together lol !!!!!!!

Teleman

Old 21-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Ted

--

you could ask the seller if they had any pictures taken in and around
it........

Old 21-07-2005, 09:28 PM
shazzbat

"Teleman" wrote in message
[...]

All right, being wise after the event is a speciality of mine, so here goes.
I conveniently own a vehicle big enough to load an 8' x 6' greenhouse on it
in one piece, having just removed the glass and the door. But presumably you
don't have that option, so next time, or for anyone about to do it, try
this.-

Remove glass and door, also any pieces which conveniently come off as a
lump, like roof vents, louvres etc. You are then left with a bare frame.
Imagine looking at the door end, And think of 5 relevant points going round
clockwise - A Bottom left where it joins the ground. B the angle where side
changes to roof. C Roof ridge. D Angle where roof becomes side. E Where it
meets the ground again.

Now let's say it has 6 panes of glass along a side, this gives 7 relevant
points along a side. Now, everywhere 2 or more members meet can be
classified as A1, B5 etc. With a felt tip or whatever, mark each piece with
its reference where it meets other pieces with the same reference. i.e The
Upright from bottom left to 1st angle would be marked A1 at one end, and B1
at the other end. The bottom rail on the left would be marked A1 at one end,
and A7 at the other, with the other A nos in between.

And something similar for the parts of the ends and there you go.

All right, a bit late for you, but hopefully it will help someone.

Steve

Old 22-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message ,
Teleman writes
[...]

Well yes, a few photos or sketches, and some judicious making of the
members would help on reconstructon. it's not that hard we did one.

I can't think of online resources though. But he gist of it is simple
enough. If it is like ours, IIRC we put the ends together firs then
these were connected together with
the main central roof spar, and the tops of the sides, then put in the
uprights on the sides and roof, any diagonal bracing pieces etc. went in
as seemed appropriate. By looking at marks etc. at the joints you can
usually see which way bits went together.

I would suggest sorting all the bits out, work out which bits go where
etc. first (we laid ours out on the lawn so we could see how it all went
together. If you get stuck have wander round garden centres etc.
looking at a few greenhouse to see how they go together.

Get some spare nuts and bolts, the Al ones they use on GH easily shear
esp. if old.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: