Old 11-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Registered User

Default Have i ruined my Lawn with all in one?

I have just applied Westland Aftercut all in one to my lawn (spread evenly!) because there was moss (almost like mini cactus's on close inspection), mushrooms and weeds etc growing on it. Now it does say on the instructions that the moss will blacken as it dies but i didn't realise it would look absolutely awful. Is this just initally or forever? I have watered it both nights (since Sunday) and it is due to rain heavily all day today until tomorrow.

I have done the usual fearful googling on this and some people said a mixture of 2 answers who have made a similar error. However, you can see from the pics that the grass parts are relatively unaffected and the moss parts have blackened.

1. the positive one for me is just wait 4 weeks as the grass that is showing will eventually take over the dead moss that has blackened and died any grass that may have blackened will recover anyway.

2. the negative one is i have scorched it and i have to reseed after scraping out the black parts in September.

So my obvious question is which one is correct? I will post pictures before and after. The before one is Sunday and the after one is this morning (Tuesday).

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Have i ruined my Lawn with all in one?-img_3019.jpg   Have i ruined my Lawn with all in one?-img_3028.jpg

Lawn ruined Moonraker United Kingdom 13 03-10-2011 11:20 AM
Seeding a ruined lawn StevenP Lawns 1 11-12-2006 01:32 PM
Radishs ruined - by what? Matthew Reed Gardening 4 05-07-2006 06:08 AM
Ruined Chuckie Gardening 9 04-07-2006 04:41 PM
this rascal ruined my garden! Charles P Edible Gardening 21 29-06-2003 05:44 AM