Old 28-06-2005, 01:33 PM
V.V.

Default Naples Florida Above Ground Pond

Hoping someone can help me- I'm interested in building a square or
rectangular pond on my pool deck. I just moved to Naples Florida. I'd like
to find a pre-formed tub and build a face for it. My problem is where to
find a large tub in the area. Any suggestions? Also, has anyone built one
of these on their Lanai? My vision is something Meditteranian looking,
maybe tiled on the outside, with a simple water feature.

Thanks,

Vince

Old 28-06-2005, 04:19 PM
George

"V.V." wrote in message
Hoping someone can help me- I'm interested in building a square or
rectangular pond on my pool deck. I just moved to Naples Florida. I'd
like to find a pre-formed tub and build a face for it. My problem is
where to find a large tub in the area. Any suggestions? Also, has
anyone built one of these on their Lanai? My vision is something
Meditteranian looking, maybe tiled on the outside, with a simple water
feature.

Thanks,

Vince

I would have to agree with Mr. Courageous that you don't have to buy a
pre-formed tub. You can build this thing into your deck and then line it.
The real question is how big do you want it to be because that will weigh
into the structural design of your deck and the form. My pond is partially
above ground, but not built into a deck. Check out my link below to see
what it looks like. It may give you some ideas.

http://home.insightbb.com/~jryates/filter.htm

Scroll down to the third image on the page.

Old 29-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Courageous

Hoping someone can help me- I'm interested in building a square or
rectangular pond on my pool deck. I just moved to Naples Florida. I'd like
to find a pre-formed tub and build a face for it. My problem is where to
find a large tub in the area.

Size?

Anyway, you don't need to use a preform. You can use flexible pond liner.
What you do is build the form (which has to be very sturdy), line it with
plywood, then a seal of some sort, then the liner. You may have to eventually
replace the liner, but not for a long while.

When I wrote this, I was assuming you wanted a wood frame pond. If you don't,
my answer would be a bit different.

Anyway, look he

http://www.wetwebmedia.com

C//

Old 29-06-2005, 11:03 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Hoping someone can help me- I'm interested in building a square or
rectangular pond on my pool deck. I just moved to Naples Florida. I'd like
to find a pre-formed tub and build a face for it. My problem is where to
find a large tub in the area. Any suggestions? Also, has anyone built one
of these on their Lanai? My vision is something Meditteranian looking,
maybe tiled on the outside, with a simple water feature.
Vince

Lanai, haven't heard that term since Golden Girls went off the air. ;o)

Aqua-Mart is in Orlando, don't know if that helps or not. www.aqua-mart.com
How large are you thinking? Like old hot tub size or smaller like this:

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/koipond/photos/pond17.jpg
Center of picture above is a small patio pond with tile surround, or google
for patio pond. I Foogled and found this:
http://store.yahoo.com/aquatecfounta...patponkit.html ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 30-06-2005, 04:08 AM
V.V.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your suggestions. Not sure of the size yet
but putting it on a concrete pool deck, sorry I wasn't more specific.
Thanks again for the guidence

Vince

Old 30-06-2005, 01:59 PM
George

"V.V." wrote in message
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your suggestions. Not sure of the size
yet but putting it on a concrete pool deck, sorry I wasn't more specific.
Thanks again for the guidence

Vince

De Nada.

Naples Florida Above Ground Pond V.V. Ponds 6 30-06-2005 01:59 PM
Above Ground Pond Dan Ponds 1 23-08-2003 07:32 PM
how to get above ground pump to work on a below ground pond. matt clark Ponds 8 06-08-2003 02:12 AM
above ground height for formal pond Dennis Ponds 2 01-05-2003 02:32 AM
Help request: Designing above ground indoor pond Gary Ponds 7 15-04-2003 08:32 PM