Old 22-12-2003, 09:43 PM
David Hill

Default Neighbour Trouble Should be Travel spam

This looks like a very well organised advert for certain ferry operators
(Also posted at the end for those who prefer end posting.......)

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:32:36 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:16:48 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .

In November, we got a free upgrade for some unknown reason from
steerage class to a De Luxe cabin with double bed, settee, arm chair
digital satellite TV and a *full* free minibar, which included large
bottles of red and white wine. The red wine wasn't actually in the
fridge.

OH my... fantastic

Have you used DFDS from Newcastle to IJmuiden?
Their ferries are much cheaper and have much better food.

No I did not. Please may I have details?

http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/

They also go to Copenhagen from Newcastle.

We tried their de luxe cabin too!

Is that your real e-mail address if I take some bits out?
I can hardly carry on like this, without getting my knuckles rapped
again
--
Martin

This looks like a very well organised advert for certain ferry operators (As
promised posted here as well)

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 22-12-2003, 10:33 PM
martin

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:32:13 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

This looks like a very well organised advert for certain ferry operators
(Also posted at the end for those who prefer end posting.......)

David, you and others advertise your products here quite openly.

I am not advertising ferries I was helping Ophelia.
I have mentioned all three ferry routes for somebody travelling from
Scotland to Europe by sea.
I don't know what you mean by "certain" ferry operators. I think
between them they cover all routes between Dover and Edinburgh.

--
Martin
Old 22-12-2003, 11:15 PM
MCC

It's nice to see that the Christmas Spirit is alive and well and living in
URG :-)
--
MCC
Old 22-12-2003, 11:32 PM
martin

martin22/12/03 10:29

wrote:

This looks like a very well organised advert for certain ferry operators
(Also posted at the end for those who prefer end posting.......)

David, you and others advertise your products here quite openly.

I am not advertising ferries I was helping Ophelia.
I have mentioned all three ferry routes for somebody travelling from
Scotland to Europe by sea.
I don't know what you mean by "certain" ferry operators. I think
between them they cover all routes between Dover and Edinburgh.

David does not advertise his products here. He does what we are all
entitled to do and adds something to a sigfile and so do I. Have you read
the charter, I wonder?

I just posted it. Didn't you recognise it, the charter says

"Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant
material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request
a catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no
more often than once every three months. The subject line should begin
"AD" or "ADVERT"."

Understand?

Whether that ferry goes by sea, satellite or Royal Mail, it appears to be of
interest only to you and Ophelia but it most certainly is not on topic for a
gardening group. If you both lapsed only occasionally, nobody would notice
- but you treat this group as your private playground continuously. You -
in particular - add nothing but asinine remarks to every thread. I'm sure
YOU think you're terribly, terribly funny......

Gawd knows who or what you think you are.
--
Martin

Old 22-12-2003, 11:32 PM
martin

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:10:40 +0000, MCC wrote:

It's nice to see that the Christmas Spirit is alive and well and living in
URG :-)

The thought did occur to me too.
--
Martin
Old 22-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Sacha

martin22/12/03 11:16

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:13:34 +0000, Sacha

martin22/12/03 10:29

wrote:

[...]

snip

Which has nothing to do with sig files.

Gawd knows who or what you think you are.

Oh, I know who I am - someone with manners a great deal better than yours.
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Old 22-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Troy

MCC wrote:

It's nice to see that the Christmas Spirit is alive and well and living in
URG :-)

Let them get on with it - I hate Christmas and I'm really enjoying people
being horrible to each other :-)

Bah Humbug :-)
--
Woof Woof !!
Love from ..

Christmas will be like any other day in this house .....
...... dead miserable !!
You can spend pounds if you're not careful ..
... not one extra penny's leaving *my* pocket !! ...

Upstairs with me mug of cocoa and me copy of "Bleak House" !!!
Old 23-12-2003, 07:32 AM
Ophelia

"Sacha" wrote in message
.. .
martin22/12/03 11:16

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:13:34 +0000, Sacha

martin22/12/03 10:29

wrote:

[...]

THAT is a matter of opinion.

Old 23-12-2003, 10:12 AM

"Ophelia" wrote in message
:
: "Troy" wrote in message
: ...
: MCC wrote:
:
: It's nice to see that the Christmas Spirit is alive and well and
living
: in
: URG :-)
:
: Let them get on with it - I hate Christmas and I'm really enjoying
people
: being horrible to each other :-)
:
: Bah Humbug :-)
: --
: Woof Woof !!
: Love from ..
: Troy the Black Lab.
:
: LOL
:
:
: Christmas will be like any other day in this house .....
: ..... dead miserable !!
: You can spend pounds if you're not careful ..
: .. not one extra penny's leaving *my* pocket !! ...
:
: Upstairs with me mug of cocoa and me copy of "Bleak House" !!!
:
: Awwwww
:
The above would seem to be typical of so many of your one line pointless
posts to this group. You don't have to reply to every post you know.

Old 23-12-2003, 11:06 AM
martin

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 06:59:37 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Gawd knows who or what you think you are.

Oh, I know who I am - someone with manners a great deal better than yours.

THAT is a matter of opinion.

Stop it before it leads to tears.
--
Martin
Old 23-12-2003, 01:14 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:10:40 +0000, MCC wrote:

It's nice to see that the Christmas Spirit is alive and well and living in
URG :-)

The thought did occur to me too.

Bah! Humbug!

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)