Old 08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
meee

Default Tropical gardeners

Hi is there anyone here from FNQ ?? I've just moved here from way down south
and find tropical gardening very different and very interesting. I also have
a wilting fuschia, I brought it up here, and it was fine for a few weeks, I
kept it shaded and watered but then it started wilting, so I soaked it in a
tub of water with some fish emulsion added. This usually picks my other
plants up very quickly, but it has continued to wilt. Could it possibly be
root rot? if so, what do I do? I want to save it before it's too late. And
are there any bonsai enthusiasts up here? bonsai up north is a whole new
ball game too!! wow what growth!! My trees went from snow to spring in 3
days!!

Old 09-09-2005, 05:48 AM
A&G&K&H

"meee" wrote in message
Hi is there anyone here from FNQ ?? I've just moved here from way down

south
and find tropical gardening very different and very interesting. I also

have
a wilting fuschia, I brought it up here, and it was fine for a few weeks,

kept it shaded and watered but then it started wilting, so I soaked it in

tub of water with some fish emulsion added. This usually picks my other
plants up very quickly, but it has continued to wilt. Could it possibly be
root rot? if so, what do I do? I want to save it before it's too late. And
are there any bonsai enthusiasts up here? bonsai up north is a whole new
ball game too!! wow what growth!! My trees went from snow to spring in 3
days!!

Whereabouts are you?
I used to live in Atherton but never had any luck with fuchsias (but that
could just be my record with any potted plant).
So I'm not really any help with the potted plants.
Root rot can be a problem though as the humidity is really high, .... but
those red soils are deep and well drained so I never had too much of a
problem in the garden.
Amanda

Old 09-09-2005, 06:50 AM
meee

We're in cairns south side. I'm looking at the red soil and wanting to start
planting, however I'm having a problem. There are hordes of tiny cockroaches
all through the soil that eat anything with tender stems.I've already had
all my lovely geraniums devoured. Is there any way to get rid of them?

A&G&K&H wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message
[...]

Gardeners are gardeners Mike United Kingdom 48 14-04-2006 09:54 PM
Tropical Storm Allison was good to Houston... J Kolenovsky Texas 5 15-03-2003 09:08 PM
Tropical Storm Allison was good for Houston... J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 28-02-2003 05:51 AM
Tropical Bonsai SAINT Bonsai 0 11-02-2003 01:25 PM
Tropical Tree Selector (Queensland) Phred sci.agriculture 0 19-10-2002 03:34 PM