Old 18-09-2005, 07:46 AM
ushere

Default fruit fly, again...

any new cures since last year?

a. lures?

b. diesel?

c. sprays?

or just suffer again....

leslie

Old 18-09-2005, 09:04 AM
meee

don't know if you've heard of this one, it's a common fly killer in my area.
Cut a soft drink (600ml) bottle in half, tape, wire, etc the top half inside
the bottom, so it fits in like a funnel. before doing this, put in to the
bottom half some rotten fruit: stone fruit or other soft aromatic fruits are
best. add 2cm water, hang several in your tree. the flies get trapped
inside, breed etc but can't get out. will hopefully cut down fly numbers,
throw out whenever it gets too discusting. the more the better!! and remove
all rotten/ripe fruit from tree and ground. dunno if this will help, but i
hope it does!!

Old 18-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Dwayne

This is the only method I have heard of also, except for starting a spraying
program for your trees. That will require you to spray at the right time,
several times a year.

I do know that if you don't pick up the fallen fruit right away and burn it,
that the worms will come out, go back into the ground under the trees and
the next year it starts all over again. A good friend of mine who raised
chickens, put all his wormy apples into a tree shredder and blew them into
the pen with them. They ate the apples, worms and all.

Surely there is something you can spray/sprinkle on the ground around the
tree that will get rid of that stage of their life cycle. I don't know what
it would be, but maybe some college would have that information. If anyone
finds it, please let the rest of us know.

Dwayne

ushere wrote in message
any new cures since last year?

a. lures?

b. diesel?

c. sprays?

or just suffer again....

leslie

white fly outdoors(also black and green fly) , how do I get rid of them ? Gardening_Convert United Kingdom 1 10-11-2005 03:07 PM
white fly again Instep United Kingdom 10 08-10-2005 08:22 PM
any help please,,, White fly,,, green fly and black fly gARY United Kingdom 0 30-04-2004 12:10 AM
Fly Away and similar carrots supposedly resistant to root fly Steve Harris United Kingdom 2 02-01-2004 12:12 PM