Old 23-10-2006, 06:48 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Water restrictions and gardens

Jonno wrote:

They are also capable of making other crazy laws so people get ripped of
and use their position to throw farmers of the land and buy up
properties really cheaply when a drought hits.

Then charge you for rain water when they claim the runoff would be
theirs if they hadnt built dams.
Your Government and Corporations.
Walking hand in hand
to screw the land...

We watch Landline and we had a good laugh about little Johnny and
"drought proofing"

If something like Cubbie station which sucks an enormous amount of water
out of local rivers is having trouble now, how in heck is the ordinary
farmer supposed to "drought proof" his farm.[1]

The wentworth group guys might be spot on; the 1950-1990s were the wet
years and now it is back to normal rainfall.

[1] the only way seems to be to explode an underground nuke to great a
big underground cavern, line with bottom half with water proofing and
fill with water (from where?), but you still have to pump the blighter
back to the surface.

Old 23-10-2006, 09:59 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Terryc" wrote in message

If something like Cubbie station which sucks an enormous amount of

water
out of local rivers is having trouble now, how in heck is the

ordinary
farmer supposed to "drought proof" his farm.[1]

Did you watch "Two men in a Tinnie" and then see the latest news item
on Cubbie? I was amazed at how much water Cubbie had when the Tinnie
show was on but bone dry in the latest news item. I can't believe
that Cubbie trys to store water in what is in effect massive
evaporation ponds and then trys to justify such irresponsible action
in such flat country. Simply beggars belief.

Old 23-10-2006, 10:33 AM posted to aus.gardens

Farm1 wrote:

Did you watch "Two men in a Tinnie" and then see the latest news item
on Cubbie? I was amazed at how much water Cubbie had when the Tinnie
show was on but bone dry in the latest news item. I can't believe
that Cubbie trys to store water in what is in effect massive
evaporation ponds and then trys to justify such irresponsible action
in such flat country. Simply beggars belief.

It beggars belief that the pollies allowed it.
Goes to show what the power of a political donation can do.

I was all set to talk the wife into moving to Qld (her home state) but
Beattie is turning out as bad as Joh ever was.
Old 23-10-2006, 12:25 PM posted to aus.gardens

Terryc wrote:
Farm1 wrote:

Did you watch "Two men in a Tinnie" and then see the latest news item
on Cubbie? I was amazed at how much water Cubbie had when the Tinnie
show was on but bone dry in the latest news item. I can't believe
that Cubbie trys to store water in what is in effect massive
evaporation ponds and then trys to justify such irresponsible action
in such flat country. Simply beggars belief.

It beggars belief that the pollies allowed it.
Goes to show what the power of a political donation can do.

I was all set to talk the wife into moving to Qld (her home state) but
Beattie is turning out as bad as Joh ever was.

Yeah then why did he get back in!!
Old 23-10-2006, 09:43 PM posted to aus.gardens

because the opposition where donkies and asses (and one of those
parties even put one of the asses back into the drivers sdeet although
none of them appeared impressed by his dismal performance), and the 18
year old vote because they think putting a tick on paper is a fun game
and they don't know shite from clay.

so he has his mandate (lesson learnt from the bespectacled gnome in
can'tberra), to now feed class 2 recycled sewerage into our fresh
water dams.

and it won't matter what state all premiers will be tarred with the
same brush or they wouldn't be there.

oh and beattie is the cheshire cat.

so what are the alternatives? when apart from a few the voting public
is apparently mindless.

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:25:54 +1000, Jonno
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.gardenlen.com

Old 23-10-2006, 11:05 PM posted to aus.gardens

More from the lovely boys...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...0/s1771775.htm
Old 24-10-2006, 12:22 PM posted to aus.gardens

yep all about profits and control, the boys do think that they own 90%
of what falls from the clouds. and they will be charging those who
collect rainwater for selling in bottle, that one was on the abc years
ago so all this is nothing just out of the hat it has been in the
pipeline for at least a decade.

the losers the little people, the winners the multi-nationals and
those boys.

bets are they or theirs will never have this sewerage stuff pass their
lips.

Old 23-10-2006, 12:04 PM posted to aus.gardens

"gardenlen" wrote in message
because the opposition where donkies and asses (and one of those
parties even put one of the asses back into the drivers sdeet although
none of them appeared impressed by his dismal performance), and the 18
year old vote because they think putting a tick on paper is a fun game
and they don't know shite from clay.

so he has his mandate (lesson learnt from the bespectacled gnome in
can'tberra), to now feed class 2 recycled sewerage into our fresh
water dams.

Len, what is wrong with recycled sewerage water being used as drinking
water? we have done it here for year. Treated sewerage and industrial water
is pumped back in to the rivers and taken down stream as drinking water.
Given that the daily flows of water dilute the sewered water, however the
process of drinking stuff that has been round once (or several times) isn't
that horrific.

rob

Old 24-10-2006, 12:17 PM posted to aus.gardens

you can have it rob,

obviously the chemical residues in the stuff along with possible
viruses is of no concern. then i suppose if it is going into a river
that gets flushed maybe no worries.

ours is going into our dams no flushing there just years of
accumulated pollutants.

to me it seems like an indictment that in this modern world any
community should have to drink recycled sewerage water.

anyhow so long as the drinkers eyes are wide open. for me i just don't
have that sort of blind faith in the administrator especially at the
end of the day when it is all about profits and control.